A man has shared the embarrassing moment he discovered he had been using his whiteboard wrong for over a year.
After waiting several months for it the user said he was left 'pretty unhappy' with his purchase, believing there was several issues with it including a big crack, ghost marks and worst of all, it wasn’t very wipeable.
Taking to the social media platform, he began: "I bought a whiteboard when I moved into my new and current house. This was supposed to be the ultimate pièce de résistance to my awesome new home office.
"It took a few months to ship, and when it finally did, I was pretty unhappy with it. First of all, there was this big crack behind it, bending the metal in an unsatisfying way, but it wasn't that noticeable, so I didn't bother sending it back.
"The worst, though, was that it was near impossible to write on it without leaving ghost marks. And you can forget about letting some writing on it more than 24 hours.
"As a result, I wound up not using it for most of the last year. Basically, his only purpose was as a magnet holder, when it should have been used for so many different projects."
However, his disappointment would soon to turn into joy when he realised the board wasn’t broken, in fact he had forgotten to take off the plastic coating.
He continued: “Today, as I finally had some free time, I looked into the process of cleaning my whiteboard, and making it more usable. As I applied some store bought cleaner, I found this small tear in some kind of plastic coating.
“I freaked out, ripped it all out and came to the horrifying conclusion that I spent 1 1/2 years writing on plastic.
“I now have a brand new, unused board that has been sitting in my office. tl;dr: bought a whiteboard, forgot to take the plastic layer off and took way too long to figure it out."
We’ve all been there in some form or another, and many fellow Reddit users were inspired to share their own hilariously similar stories.
Realising they had done the same thing, one wrote: “So I had a s***ty whiteboard that I used for a bit but then just left in a closet after my most recent move… Turns out this is why it was s***ty hahahahaha."
“I do the same thing with a large mirror - really annoyed at how cloudy it was then discovered a year later the plastic wrap was still on it,” another shared.
A third wrote: “I accidentally left the plastic cover on my microwave buttons, for over 15 years.”
Featured Image Credit: Alamy
- Man Branded 'Creep' After Admitting He Made A ‘Pokedex’ Of Women At His University
- Man Automated His Job One Year Ago And Is Still Earning $90,000
- Doctor Asks His Girlfriend To Pay Half His Mortgage After Learning Her Salary
- Grandad Realises He's Been Spelling Name Wrong His Entire Life After Checking Birth Certificate