• Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • LAD Originals

U OK M8?
Free To Be
Extinct
Citizen Reef

To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Not now
OK

The Queen is under medical supervision due to health concerns

Dominic Smithers

Published 
| Last updated 

The Queen is under medical supervision due to health concerns

The Queen has been placed under medical supervision due to health concerns, Buckingham Palace has confirmed.

A Palace spokesperson said that the 96-year-old was 'comfortable'.

The statement read: "Following further evaluation this morning, the Queen’s doctors are concerned for Her Majesty’s health and have recommended she remain under medical supervision.

"The Queen remains comfortable and at Balmoral."

Clarence House said The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall had travelled to Balmoral to be with the Queen, and that the Duke of Cambridge was also travelling up.

No further information about the Queen's condition was offered.

The Queen has been placed under medical supervision. Credit: PA Images/Alamy
The Queen has been placed under medical supervision. Credit: PA Images/Alamy

Following the announcement, Prime Minister Liz Truss said: "The whole country will be deeply concerned by the news from Buckingham Palace this lunchtime.

"My thoughts – and the thoughts of people across our United Kingdom – are with Her Majesty The Queen and her family at this time."

Commons Speaker Sir Lindsay Hoyle also shared his best wishes with the country's monarch.

He told MPs: "I know I speak on behalf of the entire House when I say that we send our best wishes to Her Majesty the Queen and that she and the royal family are in our thoughts and prayers at this moment."

Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer said he was 'deeply worried' by the news and that he was hoping for the Queen’s recovery.

He wrote in a tweet: "Along with the rest of the country, I am deeply worried by the news from Buckingham Palace this afternoon.

"My thoughts are with Her Majesty the Queen and her family at this time, and I join everyone across the United Kingdom in hoping for her recovery."

Prince Charles has travelled to Balmoral to be with the Queen. Credit: REUTERS/Alamy
Prince Charles has travelled to Balmoral to be with the Queen. Credit: REUTERS/Alamy

Following today's announcement, the royal family’s website appeared to crash.

An error message appeared on screen reading, 'Gateway time-out'.

There have been concerns over the Queen's health for some time, with her drawing back from duties over recent months.

She appeared with a walking stick when she greeted Boris Johnson and Liz Truss on Tuesday (6 September), to formally announce the change of leadership.

Following the meeting, it was revealed that the Queen also postponed a virtual meeting of the Privy Council.

A Buckingham Palace spokesperson said: "This means that the Privy Council meeting that had been due to take place this evening will be rearranged.

"After a full day yesterday, Her Majesty has this afternoon accepted doctors’ advice to rest."

Featured Image Credit: PA Images/John Henshall/Alamy

Topics: The Queen, Royal Family, UK News

Dominic Smithers
More like this

Chosen for YouChosen for You

News

Matt Hancock’s huge I’m A Celebrity fee finally unveiled in government documents

41 minutes ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Man who spent £19,000 to 'become a wolf' just wants to be free of human relationships

2 days ago