Advert

Family Pays Tribute To Olivia Campbell

Published 
| Last updated 

Family Pays Tribute To Olivia Campbell

Fifteen-year-old Olivia Campbell has been named over night as one of the fatalities in the terrorist attack at Manchester Arena.

Her mum, Charlotte, confirmed the news on Facebook saying her 'darling precious gorgeous girl' had sadly died.

She added: "Go sing with the angels and keep smiling mummy loves you so much."

Olivia's mum had previously made a heart-breaking plea across social media for news of her daughter.

Advert

Credit: Facebook

The school girl, from Bury, went to the concert with her best friend, Adam Lawler, who is being treated in Manchester Royal Infirmary.

Her mum, Charlotte, told the Manchester Evening News that the schoolgirl's phone was not ringing and that hospitals were unable to offer her any positive news about the whereabouts of her daughter.

Advert

She said: "I know where Adam is and I know that Olivia isn't with him. I've been told by the police that she's registered as a missing person.

"She had her phone with her but it's dead, I don't know whether she's lost it in the stampede to get out of there, but she knows my number off by heart, so I know she can contact me if she's able to."

Olivia with her stepdad and her nephew. Credit: Manchester Evening News

Advert

Charlotte was in bed when she received a call from Olivia's dad telling her about the incident at the arena.

"He told me 'there's been a bomb at the Arena' so I put the news on straight away. I phoned the police but was told to wait as it had only just happened but it's been a long time now and I've still heard nothing," she said.

A seventh victim, 32-year-old Kelly Brewster from Sheffield, was also announced overnight.

Her boyfriend, Ian Winslow, wrote on Facebook: "Not sure how this works but it isn't good news. Kelly Brewster wasn't one of the unidentified hospital patients. She has sadly passed away in the terror attack yesterday.

Advert

"Kelly really was the happiest she has ever been and we had so many things planned together. My daughter Phoebe will be absolutely devastated like we all are."

Credit: Facebook

The attack has claimed the lives of 22 innocent people, and more than 50 were injured and taken to nearby hospitals.

Advert

The bomb was triggered just after 22:30 BST on Monday night. The emergency services were quickly on the scene to deal with the incident, with hundreds of Manchester residents offering their support in the city's greatest hour of need.

An emergency number is available for those who are concerned about loved ones or anyone who may have been in the area - 0800 096 0095.

Featured Image Credit: Twitter

Topics: Manchester

Michael Minay
More like this
Advert
Advert
Advert

Chosen for YouChosen for You

News

Carer Cleared Over Suspected Burglar's Death After Citizen's Arrest

5 hours ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

News

Muslim Man 'Left Vomiting For Days' After Accidentally Eating Burger King Meal 'Loaded With Bacon'

12 hours ago