ladbible homepage
ladbible homepage
  • Home
  • News
    • UK
    • US
    • World
    • Ireland
    • Australia
    • Science
    • Crime
    • Weather
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • TV
    • Film
    • Music
    • Gaming
    • Netflix
    • Disney
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • Money
  • Originals
    • FFS PRODUCTIONS
    • Say Maaate to a Mate
    • Daily Ladness
    • UOKM8?
    • FreeToBe
    • Citizen Reef
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • SPORTbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Military truck filmed ramming through police blockade in real-life GTA scenes
Home>News>UK News
Published 16:50 11 Sep 2023 GMT+1

Military truck filmed ramming through police blockade in real-life GTA scenes

A man has since been arrested

Claire Reid

Claire Reid

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

A man has been arrested after driving a military truck through a police roadblock.

Police were called out to an address in Norton Fitzwarren, near Taunton, Somerset on Sunday afternoon (10 September) at around 4.40pm, following reports of a man making threats to a person living there.

When cops arrived, the 41-year-old man exited the property in a privately owned military truck, which then damaged a total of nine cars - four police cars and five other vehicles.

Advert

Police said he then drove the vehicle into two police cars blocking the road, causing them extensive damage.

No-one was hurt during the incident, the force said.

Footage from the incident shows the truck drive though the road block, knocking a large police vehicle out of its way.

Once through the roadblock, the truck then hit a parked car and a sign post as the driver made his way to the A361 bridge spanning the M5 around six-miles away from where police had been called. Once there he abandoned the vehicle.

The military truck ploughed through a police roadblock.
X

The National Police Air Service (NPAS) were called in to help the search for the driver - who was found around 25-minutes later.

The driver was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and is currently in police custody.

In a statement, Avon and Somerset police said: "A 41-year-old man has been arrested following a series of incidents in the Taunton area this afternoon (Sunday 10 September).

“Officers were deployed to an address in Norton Fitzwarren at around 4.40pm following a report a man was making threats to the occupant and had caused damage to the property.

“The man left the address in a large military truck when officers arrived before driving the vehicle into two police cars blocking the road, causing them extensive damage.

A 41-year-old man has since been arrested.
X

“Thankfully, no police officers or members of the public were hurt in the incident.

"The man subsequently drove to the A361 M5 overbridge where he exited the vehicle and climbed over the railings, leading the motorway to be closed in both directions.

“The man was arrested 25 minutes later and he currently remains in police custody.”

Following the incident, an area in Norton Fitzwarren was cordoned off and forensic teams remain at the scene.

Jo Roadnight, who lives in the area told the BBC: "It was such a shock that something like this had happened locally.

"As [people] were walking past our house they were chatting about what was going on and how unusual it was.

"I couldn't believe it. It was quite scary."

Featured Image Credit: X

Topics: UK News, Crime

Claire Reid
Claire Reid

Claire is a journalist at LADbible who, after dossing around for a few years, went to Liverpool John Moores University. She graduated with a degree in Journalism and a whole load of debt. When not writing words in exchange for money she is usually at home watching serial killer documentaries surrounded by cats. You can contact Claire at [email protected]

Recommended reads

Five people, including two suspects, dead after shooting at San Diego mosque Getty Inside Venezuela Fury’s new home with Noah Price as she moves out of family’s mansion into ‘chalet’(TikTok/@venezuelaffury)Foreign Office issues statement after Katie Price's husband declared 'missing person' Instagram/@wesleeeandrewsDoctor explains seven key traits of highly narcissistic peopleInstagram/Marriage Recovery Centre

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
7 hours ago
8 hours ago
10 hours ago
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Five people, including two suspects, dead after shooting at San Diego mosque

    San Diego police have said the incident is being treated as a hate crime

    News
  • Adrian Dennis / AFP via Getty Images
    7 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola 'set to leave' Man City this week after FA cup victory

    The beloved football manager is reportedly departing at the end of the week

    News
  • United States Attorney's Office
    8 hours ago

    Tourist who got beat up for throwing rocks at beloved seal explains why he did it

    Igor Lytvynchuk is facing up to one year in prison and fines up to $50,000

    News
  • RJ Sangosti - Pool/Getty Images
    10 hours ago

    Chris Watts' prison pen pal gives disturbing theory on why he murdered wife and two daughters

    A judge described the killings as perhaps 'the most inhumane and vicious crime' he had seen.

    News
  • Madeleine McCann suspect Christian B hits back at Met Police 'seeking UK trial'
  • Mum of British woman, 23, shot dead by dad after ‘row about Trump’ hits out at police
  • Alex Murdaugh's life sentences for double-murder of wife and son overturned in shock judgement
  • Insane footage of 'real-life GTA' robbery shows armed robbers blowing up van on highway