To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

TikToker Who 'Accidentally' Put Gorilla Glue In Hair Claims She Will Get Surgery

TikToker Who 'Accidentally' Put Gorilla Glue In Hair Claims She Will Get Surgery

Avani Reyes says she's going to LA to have the procedure

Dominic Smithers

Dominic Smithers

Avani Reyes - better known as the second of the TikTokkers who have 'accidentally' put Gorilla glue in their hair - says she has raised enough money to pay for surgery, as you can see in the clip below:

Reyes recently uploaded a video where she revealed that she had had a bit of a bathroom mishap, which caused her hair to stick together.

Despite an apparent trip to the hospital and attempts at using coconut oil to get rid of it, she says she will now have to resort to surgery.

Additionally, she says the GoFundMe page she set up has now reached its goal.

In a video posted to her account, she says: "So I just want to say thank you to everyone who donated to my GoFundMe. I now have enough funds to get surgery.

"And I will be flying out to LA. Thank you guys so much. And I raised enough money and I'm getting surgery."

In a previous post, Reyes thanked her followers, one of who apparently donated a whopping $3,000, for their support.

She said: "You guys know it's definitely been a journey with this Gorilla Glue. It's been crazy, so thank you so much."

TikTok/Avani Reyes

Some sceptics out there have claimed she is joking and that it's just a publicity stunt, however.

Reyes' story emerged earlier this week, after Tessica Brown hit headlines a month ago when she revealed she had used the super-strength glue on her hair instead of hairspray.

Brown also set up a GoFundMe to raise funds for her treatment, but surpassed her target of $1,500 (£1,000), eventually a staggering $21,517.

The 40-year-old, from Louisiana, put up with the pain until she realised enough was enough and went to hospital, where medics applied acetone to try and help shift the adhesive.

But unfortunately for Brown, that didn't work either and she ended up with burns on her scalp due to the solution.

After spotting her unusual and unfortunate predicament, Los Angeles-based cosmetic surgeon Dr Michael Obeng offered to help fix the problem for free and Brown grateful took him up on his offer.

Dr Obeng used a mixture made of medical-grade glue remover, a combination of aloe vera and olive oil and a small amount of acetone.

After testing the £9,030 ($12,500) treatment out on a dummy head first, Dr Obeng applied the solution to Brown before he set about her barnet with scissors and tweezers to try and gently prise apart the matted hair and glue and cutting away any hardened area of glue.

Although it sounds fairly straightforward, the procedure took around four hours, according to the Metro, and Brown had to be given anaesthesia to help cope with the pain.

Featured Image Credit: Avani Reyes/TikTok

Topics: US News, Weird