Advert

Latest

32 minutes ago
Advert
2 hours ago
Advert

Most Popular

3 days ago
Advert

Man Has Shower Head Removed From Rectum, As You Do

Man Has Shower Head Removed From Rectum, As You Do

A man turned up at hospital with a shower head up his backside after 'suffering a fall' in the shower.

The 26-year-old man had to detach the shower head from the pipe connecting it to the wall and take himself off to the hospital after his unfortunate fall.

Advert

The man turned up at Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital and Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research in New Delhi where he told medics he hadn't put the shower head up there himself. Alright, pal, no one said you did - bit defensive, isn't he?

Credit: British Medical Journal
Credit: British Medical Journal

Fortunately, the man's vitals showed he was stable and there was no evidence of blood in his rectum, which was surely a relief.

According to the BMJ, the scan images revealed that the shower head was six inches deep into the poor fella's pelvis, but he didn't suffer any internal damage. He was placed under a general anaesthetic and doctors (carefully) removed it. He was allowed home 48 hours later.

In a report about the case, Dr Peeyush Kumar wrote: "A proper history and examination is mandatory to look for signs and symptoms of perforation and infection, such as fever, severe abdominal pain and bleeding.

Advert

"History is often ambiguous and incomplete due to a high level of embarrassment and social stigma attached to the condition. The same was seen in our case.

"Though the patient reported accidental insertion of the shower head and denied voluntary insertion, there is a high suspicion of voluntary insertion for auto-erotic purpose."

This chap was in safe hands, though, with Dr Kumar revealing that this wasn't the medic's first rodeo when it came to removing objects from anuses.

"A large variety of objects have been reported, including bottles, cans, glass bulbs, stones, small rods, fruits and vegetables, vibrators, dildos and toys.

"Insertion of objects for auto-erotic purposes is the most common cause of rectal foreign bodies.

"Other common causes include accidents and assaults. The presentation is often delayed, and history is often improper.

"Two-thirds of the patients are males in their 30s or 40s, who use such objects for auto-erotic purposes."

The whole 'help I've got a sex toy stuck' thing is so prolific worldwide that firefighters in Germany have undertaken training on how to remove penis rings and butt plugs that have become stuck.

At a training event in Dresden, Germany, 600 firefighters were shown how to get to grips with a stuck sex toy.

Credit: CEN
Credit: CEN

Instructor Eric Forberg explained: "Sensitivity and delicate work counts." I dare say you're right there, Eric.

The firefighters were first shown to bandage the penis, to avoid further injury from the flying sparks (yep - flying sparks right by your...whatever), then a paste - able to absorb up to 4,000 degrees Celsius - is spread on the penis ring to prevent burns, which sounds very clever, but I'll bet does little to alleviate fears.

Following their training, the firefighters were able to whip off a jammed penis ring in 15 minutes. Impressive.

Featured Image Credit: British Medical Journal

Topics: News, Weird, Medical

Claire Reid

Claire is a journalist at LADbible who, after dossing around for a few years, went to Liverpool John Moores University. She graduated with a degree in Journalism and a whole load of debt. When not writing words in exchange for money she is usually at home watching serial killer documentaries surrounded by cats. You can contact Claire at [email protected]

 

Next Up

Mum Shares Confronting Picture Of 11-Year-Old Son After He Smoked Spice

Mum Shares Confronting Picture Of 11-Year-Old Son After He Smoked Spice

2 years ago