
The horrific allegations regarding the 'human safaris' during the siege of Sarajevo have now led to an investigation into two potential 'people hunters'.
It was first claimed by Italian journalist Ezio Gavazzeni last year that 'very wealthy' Europeans, including those from his own native Italy, had travelled to Bosnia and Herzegovina during the 1990s to take part in a manhunt of defenceless citizens.
The rich and wealthy would allegedly travel to the Bosnian capital during the siege, which took place in 1992 and 1996, where they paid large sums to join the Serbian military and shoot citizens, with thousands of innocent people dying during the conflict.
Croatian journalist Domagoj Margetic has recently added more fuel to the fire in his book, Pay and Shoot, which provides more details about the horrific war crimes, including allegations about a European royal who supposedly took part in the shootings, as well as the extra fees that hunters would pay in order to shoot pregnant women.
Advert

In his book, Margetic said: “Austrian intelligence was very present in Bosnia in the 1990s and there may be reports in Austria which contain names.”
And his prediction has now come to fruition after the Austrian justice ministry confirmed that an investigation has now been launched in connection with the alleged atrocities.
“An investigation was opened on April 25 against an Austrian citizen and another as-yet-unidentified individual in connection with possible participation in so-called ‘sniper tours’ in Sarajevo during the Bosnian War,” the justice ministry in Austria said on Tuesday 19 May.
It seems as if the previously identified European royal may well have hailed from Austria, given Margetic's recent conversation with The Times.
“He said an Austrian who came in late 1992 and in 1993 was nicknamed ‘Grof’ by the Serbs, which means ‘Count’ in Serbo-Croatian. He gave his name as Sebastian, although it may have been a false name.
“I have also been told that Serbian soldiers at Sarajevo checkpoints remember hunters showing Austrian passports.”

Eyes were already on Austria after Margetic's accusations but the investigation was seemingly triggered by Bosnian-born politician Alma Zadic, who brought up the allegations in parliament recently.
"These allegations concern the gravest war crimes and must be thoroughly investigated and prosecuted. There can be no room for impunity,” Zadic said.
“The idea that people may have paid money in order to deliberately shoot at civilians — even children — is almost unimaginable in its cruelty. Such acts represent a level of contempt for humanity that leaves one speechless. The victims and their relatives have a right to truth, justice and clarification.”
Meanwhile, Gavazzeni recently spoke to LADbible about the shocking sums that people would pay in order to be involved with the barbaric acts.
He said: "What is shocking is that there were set rates: 100 million lire [£45,000] (from 1992-95) for a child or a young girl; 70 million [£30,000] for a woman; 50 million [£22,000] for a man; and just under 20 million [£9,000] for a very elderly person.
"These rates were confirmed in a recent Times article by Tom Kington, which cites an investigation by a Croatian journalist who confirms - through a different perspective and sources - the same pricing I found.
"The money was all exchanged off the books, in suitcases or bags, in cash. The organisation was based in Belgium and had contacts in individual European countries whose role was to find wealthy clients."
Should those involved be identified and proven guilty, they will hopefully be forced to face justice for the severe allegations that have been levelled against them.