ladbible homepage
ladbible homepage
  • Home
  • News
    • UK
    • US
    • World
    • Ireland
    • Australia
    • Science
    • Crime
    • Weather
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • TV
    • Film
    • Music
    • Gaming
    • Netflix
    • Disney
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • Money
  • Originals
    • FFS PRODUCTIONS
    • Say Maaate to a Mate
    • Daily Ladness
    • UOKM8?
    • FreeToBe
    • Citizen Reef
  • Videos
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Police call off sweep for toddler who went missing in the French Alps
Home>News>World News
Updated 05:13 14 Jul 2023 GMT+1Published 05:09 14 Jul 2023 GMT+1

Police call off sweep for toddler who went missing in the French Alps

The police have ended its ‘large-scale’ search and will now explore of information they have so far.

Charisa Bossinakis

Charisa Bossinakis

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

The huge search to find missing two year old Emilie has officially been called off.

After conducting their final sweep, yesterday (July 13), authorities confirmed the search in the French Alps to find the missing boy who disappeared on the weekend has finished.

Earlier this week, the police said it would end its ‘large-scale’ search and explore the information they have gathered so far.

In a statement given to the AFP news agency on Wednesday (July 12), Remy Avon, the prosecutor of Digne-les-Bains, said: "The judicial investigation into the causes of the disappearance will continue, in particular by analysing the considerable mass of information and elements collected over the past four days."

Advert

Twitter/@Gendarmerie

The two-year-old was staying with his grandparents in Haut-Vernet, a tiny village of 25 inhabitants at an altitude of around 1200 metres when he went missing.

The toddler was last seen walking down the street near his grandparents' house by two witnesses on Saturday afternoon, according to authorities.

His grandparents notified the police of his disappearance at around 5.15pm local time on Saturday.

He was reported to have been wearing white shorts and a yellow top at the time.

“The family was getting ready to leave the house to go on an outing. He took advantage of this fleeting moment to leave," Francois Balique, the local mayor, told French TV.

"His grandparents realised he was no longer there when they went to put him in the car."

Police officers and soldiers, backed by dog teams and a helicopter, had searched 30 buildings, 12 vehicles and sweeped 97 hectares of the area, as per The Guardian.

Additionally, authorities confirmed they had interviewed over 20 witnesses.

Police also have blood on a car that could be linked to the child’s disappearance, according to Metro UK.

The traces of blood have been sent to the lab for analysis.

“At the moment we don’t even know if it is human blood,” said an investigating source, as per the outlet.


“It might be a very old trace too, so everybody is being very cautious about the find.”

Featured Image Credit: Twitter/@Gendarmerie. Marco Maccarini/Getty Images

Topics: News, World News

Charisa Bossinakis
Charisa Bossinakis

Charisa Bossinakis is an Associative Journalist at LADbible. Charisa has worked across various media platforms including, print, digital, radio and podcasting while maintaining the highest regard for quality work and integrity. She also covered everything from breaking news, to pop culture, entertainment and politics and is part of the editorial team for LADbible.

X

@CBossinakis

Recommended reads

‘First British victim’ dies after frog poison detoxJonathan Wong/South China Morning Post via Getty ImagesMan dies in second fatal shark attack in a week in AustraliaStock photo GettyThe Mountain attempts to break own record at Enhanced GamesRosdiana Ciaravolo/Getty ImagesOleksandr Usyk retains heavyweight title with controversial 11th-round callMohamed Hossam/Getty Images

Advert

Choose your content:

13 mins ago
2 hours ago
18 hours ago
  • Jonathan Wong/South China Morning Post via Getty Images
    13 mins ago

    ‘First British victim’ dies after frog poison detox

    A cause of death has yet to be formally established

    News
  • Mohamed Hossam/Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Oleksandr Usyk retains heavyweight title with controversial 11th-round call

    Fans are reportedly furious with the decision

    News
  • Getty Stock Photo
    18 hours ago

    Doctor explains why everyone should be drinking milk in heatwave as temperatures soar above 30 degrees

    Temperatures are soaring to 33 degrees celsius in the UK this week

    News
  • Fox 26 Houston
    18 hours ago

    Killer sends harrowing message to victims' family after murdering mechanic over $500

    Luis Casillas, 29, begged for his life before being forced to his knees and fatally shot

    News
  • Mum of toddler who went missing in Greece 35 years ago told UK police will no longer investigate the disappearance
  • Huge search underway for toddler who disappeared in French Alps
  • Mum of missing British toddler issues update as ‘mystery’ man comes forward for DNA test
  • Mum of British boy who went missing in Greece 35 years ago thinks she knows what happened to him