Advert

Latest

Jason Momoa Gif 'Wins' Bernie Sanders Meme Contest, Fans Say

Jason Momoa Gif 'Wins' Bernie Sanders Meme Contest, Fans Say

published at2 hours ago
Advert
Advert

Most Popular

Advert
News

Woman Left 'Paranoid' After Getting Sharp Object In McDonald's Chicken Nugget

Woman Left 'Paranoid' After Getting Sharp Object In McDonald's Chicken Nugget

A McDonald's customer says she was left 'paranoid' and 'put off' by her food after she bit down on something sharp in one of her chicken nuggets.

Megan Hughes had ordered McNuggets and fries from the popular fast food chain. But when the 24-year-old chomped down on her fourth piece of chicken, she said she felt something dig into her gums.

The foreign object that Megan found. Credit: Megan Hughes
The foreign object that Megan found. Credit: Megan Hughes

Megan, from Westhoughton, in Bolton, Greater Manchester, spat the foreign object out and noticed that it was an off-white colour and around the length of a small finger nail... nice.

Advert

Speaking to The Bolton News, Megan said: "I regularly order McDonald's and I've never had any problems with their food before.

"I began eating and everything seemed fine with the food, but when I bit into probably my fourth chicken nugget the was a really sharp object in there.

"At first I thought it was a tough piece of chicken, but I couldn't bite through it at all.

"It was really sharp and it hurt my gum, I had braces when I was younger so some of my back teeth had been taken out, so my gums are exposed there. I spat it out, when I looked at it I had no idea what it was."

More Like ThisMore Like This

1 of 6
News

Woman Fined After Breaking Lockdown Rules By Driving 100 Miles To McDonald's

Advert
Megan Hughes with her chicken nuggets and the sharp object she bit. Credit: Megan Hughes
Megan Hughes with her chicken nuggets and the sharp object she bit. Credit: Megan Hughes
Community

McDonald's Is Selling A Three-Foot Chicken Nugget Pillow

published at4 months ago

Megan went on to explain how she ordered the food on 20 November via Uber Eats. She spoke to the delivery service straight away and was issued a full refund and they told her they'd sent the feedback to the restaurant.

Megan went on: "I didn't here anything back, I just want to know what the object is, it's incredibly sharp and it doesn't break. I need peace of mind and reassurance over what it is.

"It left me feeling really paranoid and instantly I didn't want to eat anything else, it put me right off the rest of my food.

Advert

"Luckily I didn't swallow it but it's worrying to think children who eat chicken nuggets could choke on this kind of thing."

In a statement, a McDonald's spokesperson told LADbible: "We are sorry to hear about this customer's experience on this occasion. Food safety is of the utmost importance to us and we place great emphasis on quality control, following rigorous standards to avoid any imperfections. In this instance, there was an error in communication between our delivery partner and restaurant team, so we were unfortunately unaware of the incident.

"Now that we are aware, we'd urge the customer in question to contact our Customer Services Team, who will be able to provide support in investigating this further."

Featured Image Credit: Megan Hughes

Topics: Food, Community, McDonald's

Chosen for YouChosen for You

Government Announces New £800 Fine For Those Who Attend House Parties
published at2 days ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

News

Salon Owner Fined For Breaking Covid Rules Plans To Reopen Next Week

published at5 hours ago

Rebecca Shepherd

I'm Becky - a journalist at LADbible. I graduated with a First Class BA in Journalism before going on to cover criminal court cases, medical tribunals and breaking news for the national media - which inevitably and eventually became as glum as it sounds. Can often be found rocking a bag for life - which I made a 'thing' way before Rihanna. You can contact me at [email protected]