Busted are returning with comeback reunion tour to celebrate 20 year anniversary
| Last updated
Stop what you're doing! Busted have announced a 20th anniversary reunion tour and fans are naturally having a meltdown.
The pop punk band announced the news millennials have been waiting for by confirming they will play live gigs across the UK this September.
The 'Year 3000' singers - Matt Willis, 39, Charlie Simpson, 37 and James Bourne, 39 - will be back on stage to celebrate two decades since they released their first single.
To get fans hyped up for the live shows, the band released a clip of archive footage from their first few years as a band with new interview clips as they reflected on their anniversary.
"I think Busted really broke the mould when we started," Simpson gushed.
Earlier this week, the band released a cryptic video hinted that a huge announcement would be made on Thursday (23 March).
We now know that the seven-second teaser was taken from the first few seconds of their tour announcement video released today. In the nostalgic clip, a hand inserts an old VHS tape into a TV set and a few seconds of static on screen, the familiar Busted logo appears.
The lads are clearly spoiling their fans as they also announced new music is on the horizon. The pop punk trio will release a 15-track album which will include reworks of their classics; the first track lifted from it being a brand-new version of 'Loser Kid' (Loser Kid 2.0) with Simple Plan on 14 April.
Simpson, Bourne and Willis, formed Busted in 2000 in Southend-on-Sea and according to the British Phonographic Industry (BPI), they have been certified for 2.4 million album sales and 1.8 million singles sales in the UK.
Their first single, 'What I Go to School For' was released in September 2002 reached number three on the UK Singles Chart.
The UK's favourite wedding crashers broke up in 2005 before Bourne and Willis linked up with McFly to form a supergroup called McBusted. Simpson rejoined the band in 2015 and they released a new albums in 2016 and 2019.
Just so you've got enough time to dig out your old school uniforms and buy some spiky hair gel, here are the Busted tour dates:
- 2 September – Plymouth, Pavilions
- 3 September – Cardiff, International Arena
- 5 September – Swansea, Arena
- 6 September – Bournemouth, BIC
- 7 September – Brighton, Centre
- 9 September – Birmingham, Utilita Arena
- 10 September – London, The O2
- 12 September – Bridlington, Spa
- 15 September – Nottingham, Motorpoint Arena
- 16 September – Newcastle, Utilita Arena
- 17 September – Leeds, First Direct Arena
- 19 September – Aberdeen, P&J Live
- 20 September – Glasgow, OVO Hydro
- 22 September – Liverpool, M&S Bank Arena
- 24 September – Manchester, AO Arena