ladbible homepage
ladbible homepage
  • Home
  • News
    • UK
    • US
    • World
    • Ireland
    • Australia
    • Science
    • Crime
    • Weather
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • TV
    • Film
    • Music
    • Gaming
    • Netflix
    • Disney
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • Money
  • Originals
    • FFS PRODUCTIONS
    • Say Maaate to a Mate
    • Daily Ladness
    • UOKM8?
    • FreeToBe
    • Citizen Reef
  • Videos
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • SPORTbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Wynne Evans 'axed' from Strictly tour following 'inappropriate' sexual comment about co-star
Home>Entertainment>Celebrity
Updated 12:31 28 Jan 2025 GMTPublished 12:14 28 Jan 2025 GMT

Wynne Evans 'axed' from Strictly tour following 'inappropriate' sexual comment about co-star

Wynne Evans has apologised for making the comment on the Strictly tour

Jess Battison

Jess Battison

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Wynne Evans has reportedly been axed from the Strictly Come Dancing live tour.

It comes after a video did the rounds of him making an 'inappropriate' sexual comment during the launch earlier this month.

The Welshman, who you may know better as the bloke from the Go.Compare ads, recently issued an apology as the grim language was captured in video footage obtained by The Mail on Sunday.

This was taken during while the cast of celebrities and professional dancers posed together at the photocall in Birmingham on 16 January.

Advert

In the clip, Evans can be heard using the demeaning term 'spit roast' as presenter Janette Manrara stood between him and another Strictly star.

Evans made the comment during the live launch in Birmingham (Eamonn M. McCormack/Getty Images)
Evans made the comment during the live launch in Birmingham (Eamonn M. McCormack/Getty Images)

He said in a statement: "My language was inappropriate and unacceptable for which I sincerely apologise.”

However, after a spokesperson said it had been made 'very clear' to the opera singer that such behaviour is not tolerated, it is said he is now being dismissed form the UK and Ireland tour.

A source has told The Sun: "He's had repeated warnings about his behaviour and told to rein it in. He's not been taking it in, in this day and age the BBC have to be seen taking action and safeguard everyone.

"He's had a tough time with the death of his brother and people should give him some slack, he is going to take this time off to do some self reflection. He has a lot of support from a lot of the backstage dancers. It's been a really sad ending to what has been a really fun tour."

Following the comment, Evans also agreed to step back from his BBC Wales radio show.

A spokesperson for the station confirmed: "Wynne is taking some time off from his show on Radio Wales. Robin Morgan will be presenting in his place."

Wynne Evans (BBC)
Wynne Evans (BBC)

The opera star also caused a stir during his time on the BBC show after a 'hand incident' went viral.

Evans was spotted on camera putting his hand on the waist of his professional dance partner Katya Jones, viewed by some as inappropriate.

And she could be seen brushing his hand away as they were filmed live on camera. This was also followed by the pro denying Evans’ request for a high-five.

Both stars refuted it as a ‘silly joke’, with Jones saying on the spin-off show, It Takes Two, that the idea she was ‘uncomfortable’ was ‘total nonsense’.

LADbible has contacted the BBC, Phil McIntyre Entertainments and Evans' reps for comment.

Featured Image Credit: BBC

Topics: Strictly Come Dancing, BBC, Celebrity

Jess Battison
Jess Battison

Jess is a Senior Journalist with a love of all things pop culture. With a specialism in entertainment, she's covered the updates live at major events from The Brits in London to Disney's D23 in California. Jess covers the latest breaking news stories across the UK and the globe as well as interviewing your favourite faces including the likes of Dwayne Johnson, Stephen Graham, Aubrey Plaza and Chris Hemsworth. She graduated with a first in Journalism from City, University of London in 2021.

X

@jessbattison_

Recommended reads

New York grandma dies falling down manhole after stepping out of carFNTVKatie Price reveals final texts Lee Andrews sent before going missing as police speak out(Instagram)Gordon Ramsay almost throws up after what he's served on MasterChef USMasterChef/FoxApprentice star 'on mission' to find Katie Price's missing husband Lee Andrews says his social media was active todayluisazissman/instagram

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
11 hours ago
12 hours ago
  • (Instagram)
    an hour ago

    Katie Price reveals final texts Lee Andrews sent before going missing as police speak out

    The reality star's husband is said to have been missing for nearly a week

    Entertainment
  • MasterChef/Fox
    11 hours ago

    Gordon Ramsay almost throws up after what he's served on MasterChef US

    The celebrity chef was visibly sickened by the gross item he discovered hidden among the grub

    Entertainment
  • luisazissman/instagram
    12 hours ago

    Apprentice star 'on mission' to find Katie Price's missing husband Lee Andrews says his social media was active today

    Former Apprentice contestant Luisa Zissman has decided to try and find Lee Andrews

    Entertainment
  • Raymond Hall/GC Images
    12 hours ago

    Hayden Panettiere shares more details of being put in bed with 'very famous undressed man'

    The Heroes star said she'd been put in the position by someone she saw as a 'protector'

    Entertainment
  • Thomas Skinner responds after leaving fans 'traumatised' with latest Strictly performance
  • Husband of Superman actor ‘likes’ brutal comment following wife’s kiss with co-star after director called cut
  • Strictly star reveals what caused ‘horrific’ injuries that he ‘will never get over’
  • Inbetweeners star James Buckley is scared of wife getting Strictly call in case 'curse comes'