People are being seriously blown away by this iPhone texting trick.
The video clip saw Made In Chelsea star Jamie Laing discovering ‘a pointless iPhone hack’, whereby he sent the text message ‘pew pew’ and was greeted with a surprise on his phone screen.
Laing took to the video-sharing platform to demonstrate the hack, saying: “New trick on the iPhone if you send a text message to someone on text message, look what happens, look at this!”
“‘Pew pew,’” he said as he typed in the phrase on his phone. “You ready? Send.”
After sending the text message, a flash of brightly coloured lasers shot out of the message bubble, causing the Candy Kittens founder to exclaim: “I know, what?”
So, if you want to try this hack for yourself, check out our detailed instructions below.
How to do the secret iPhone texting trick:
- First of all, this hack only works with iPhone users. Sorry, Android-lovers.
- Then, you want to head to your ‘Messages’ app. This hack won’t work over at WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger, unfortunately.
- Type in the phrase ‘pew pew’ into the ‘text message’ box. You can cap it up or keep it lower case, it doesn’t matter.
- Press ‘send’ and watch those laser colours go flying!
- If you’ve got your volume up and turned ‘Silent mode off’, you’ll also be greeted with a sound effect that is reminiscent of a Star Wars lightsaber. Pretty cool, huh?
- If you want more from this texting trick, similar hacks can be triggered with text messages like ‘Happy birthday’, ‘Congratulations’, 'Happy New Year', 'Happy Chinese New Year' and 'Selamat'.
- Happy texting!