ladbible homepage
ladbible homepage
  • Home
  • News
    • UK
    • US
    • World
    • Ireland
    • Australia
    • Science
    • Crime
    • Weather
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • TV
    • Film
    • Music
    • Gaming
    • Netflix
    • Disney
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • Money
  • Originals
    • FFS PRODUCTIONS
    • Say Maaate to a Mate
    • Daily Ladness
    • UOKM8?
    • FreeToBe
    • Citizen Reef
  • Videos
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • SPORTbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Jackie Chan says Rush Hour 4 is finally happening
Home>Entertainment
Updated 05:11 9 Dec 2022 GMTPublished 20:11 8 Dec 2022 GMT

Jackie Chan says Rush Hour 4 is finally happening

They've been saying the fourth film is coming for years but now it seems it is actually going forward.

Rachel Lang

Rachel Lang

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Jackie Chan has revealed he is actively in talks to make a fourth Rush Hour movie.

The Rush Hour films were an extremely popular buddy comedy film saga that starred legendary martial artist Jackie Chan and comedy icon Chris Tucker, with the first film dropping way back in 1998.

Jackie Chan confirmed that it was definitely happening ages ago, and that was backed up by Tucker in 2018.

Chan and Tucker then appeared in a cryptic social media post in 2019 that apparently teased the fourth film.

Advert

But, despite all the talk, fans are still waiting years later to see the long awaited fourth film in the franchise.

Chan, however, has reignited hope for the fourth movie with six little words.

He said in a rare appearance at the Red Sea Film Festival in Saudi Arabia, as per Deadline: “We’re talking about part four right now."

Chris Tucker/Facebook

How exciting.

The Rush Hour star also told the crowds that he was going to meet with the film's director that very evening (Thursday December 8).

Chan did not name the director, however American filmmaker Brett Ratner has directed all three chapters in the Rush Hour franchise.

It's no wonder Chan was cagey about who would be at the helm of the film as Ratner hasn't directed a movie since 2014.

In 2017, he was accused of sexual harassment by seven women, including actor Olivia Munn, according to the LA Times.

As a result, Warner Bros studio cut all ties with the director.

We'll just have to wait and see and hopefully not have to wait several years again.

The first film was released in 1998 and since then the franchise has gone on to span locations from Los Angeles to Hong Kong, and then on to Paris.

In total, the films have taken more than $849 million at the box office. That's not bad going by any standards.

Rush Hour 2 became the most successful film in the franchise in 2001, and another third film followed in 2007.

Despite its raging success, some people are now looking at the movies with a modern lens and feeling some of the dialogue wouldn't fly these days.

Users on social media have accused the films of perpetuating racial stereotypes of Asian and African American communities.

While the film depicts the cultural clash between both Tucker and Chan, the internet has called out its insensitive jokes after one Twitter user posted: "Rush Hour 1 & 2 were so racist."

Many chimed in as one person wrote: "All 3 were historically racist."

Another said: "This couldn’t be played today."

So we shall see what comes of the fourth film.

When is it coming? Will it survive today's modern sensibilities? Only time will tell.

Featured Image Credit: New Line Cinema

Topics: TV and Film, Celebrity

Rachel Lang
Rachel Lang

Rachel Lang is a Digital Journalist at LADbible. During her career, she has interviewed Aussie PM Malcolm Turnbull in the lead up to the 2016 federal election, ran an editorial campaign on the war in Yemen, and reported on homelessness in the lead-up to Harry and Meghan’s wedding in Windsor. She also once wrote a yarn on the cheese and wine version of Fyre Festival.

X

@rlangjournalist

Recommended reads

England fans warned over bizarre historic Texas ‘dildo law’ before World Cup opener against CroatiaEddie Keogh - The FA/The FA via Getty ImagesTSA rule change lets you bring cannabis on a plane after Trump reclassifies plant(Getty Stock Images)Brits have become less spontaneous - and Cruzcampo is on a mission to change thatCruzcampoExpert compares all side effects of weed and alcohol to find out which is worse for youGetty Stock Images

Advert

  • Situation that Bible says is ‘end of the world’ is happening right now
  • Stranger Things creators finally tell David Harbour who they actually wanted to play Hopper
  • First trailer for Jackie Chan and John Cena’s epic movie looks like Rush Hour meets Mad Max
  • Misse Beqiri, mother of Jake Hall's child, releases statement as TOWIE star dies aged 35

Choose your content:

2 hours ago
3 hours ago
4 hours ago
  • Prime Video
    2 hours ago

    The Boys has 'the worst finale ever' as major Game of Thrones comparison made

    The final season of The Boys spends almost as much time setting up spin-offs as it did setting up the finale - and it shows

    Entertainment
  • (Netflix)
    2 hours ago

    Mackenzie Shirilla’s dad hits back at Netflix after being placed on leave from teaching job

    Steve Shirilla accused Netflix of taking his comments out of context

    Entertainment
  • Rockstar
    3 hours ago

    GTA 6 trailer 3 is 'days away' as new theory sounds perfect

    No pre-sale, but another Bonnie and Clyde theory and this time it feels almost foolproof

    Entertainment
  • YouTube/IMPAULSIVE
    4 hours ago

    Influencer Clavicular stuns Logan Paul by showing off his disturbing 'penismaxxing' technique

    Clavicular, real name Braden Eric Peters, made the shock comments on Logan Paul’s IMPAULSIVE podcast

    Entertainment