ladbible homepage
ladbible homepage
  • Home
  • News
    • UK
    • US
    • World
    • Ireland
    • Australia
    • Science
    • Crime
    • Weather
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • TV
    • Film
    • Music
    • Gaming
    • Netflix
    • Disney
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • Money
  • Originals
    • FFS PRODUCTIONS
    • Say Maaate to a Mate
    • Daily Ladness
    • UOKM8?
    • FreeToBe
    • Citizen Reef
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • SPORTbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
James Corden Is Quitting The Late Late Show After Eight Years In The Hot Seat
Home>Entertainment
Published 02:25 29 Apr 2022 GMT+1

James Corden Is Quitting The Late Late Show After Eight Years In The Hot Seat

The British talkshow host choked back tears as he explained how he made the 'hardest decision' in his career.

Rachel Lang

Rachel Lang

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

James Corden has revealed he will quit The Late Late Show after eight years on the air in order to move back to the UK with his family.

He made the announcement during a taping on Thursday (April 28), telling the studio audience he had signed on for another season of the show.

The audience began to cheer and clap before Corden halted them, letting them know that wasn't all he had to say.

He then dropped his bombshell that while he'll be back in action for another season, it would be his final year at the helm of the talk show.

"This will be my last year," Corden told the audiences, to audible sighs and groans. "When I started this journey it was always going to be that - a journey, an adventure.

Advert

"I never saw it as my final destination and I never wanted this show to overstay its welcome.

"I really think that a year from now that [it] would be a good time to move on and see what else is out there."

The choice clearly weighed on the British TV host, with the 43-year-old tearing up while filming.

Choking up, Corden told his studio audience that this is 'the hardest decision' he has ever had to make.

Although his tenure at The Late Late Show might be drawing to a close, he assured audiences and fans that he and his team is 'determined to make it the best year we've ever had', adding the show is 'going to go out with a bang'.

The UK native took over the hosting gig from comedian and actor Craig Ferguson eight years ago.

Best known in the UK for the smash-hit TV series Gavin and Stacey, Corden ushered in an era of fun for the chat show, with new sketches and bits that often go viral online.

Everyone is familiar with his segments like 'Drop the Mic' and 'Carpool Karaoke', which as boasted celebrities like Adele, Justin Bieber, and Prince Harry.

In a statement, president and CEO of the CBS network George Cheeks said Corden will be missed.

"Seven years ago, James Corden came to the US and took television by storm, with huge creative and comedic swings that resonated in a big way with viewers on-air and online," Cheeks said.

"From 'Crosswalk the Musical' to the legendary 'Carpool Karaoke,' and every unique comedy segment he introduced, James has truly reimagined many elements of the late night format."

He added: "We wish he could stay longer, but we are very proud he made CBS his American home and that this partnership will extend one more season on The Late Late Show."

Featured Image Credit: CBS. LANDMARK MEDIA / Alamy Stock Photo.

Topics: James Corden, TV and Film, News

Rachel Lang
Rachel Lang

Rachel Lang is a Digital Journalist at LADbible. During her career, she has interviewed Aussie PM Malcolm Turnbull in the lead up to the 2016 federal election, ran an editorial campaign on the war in Yemen, and reported on homelessness in the lead-up to Harry and Meghan’s wedding in Windsor. She also once wrote a yarn on the cheese and wine version of Fyre Festival.

X

@rlangjournalist

Recommended reads

Venezuela Fury’s next move ‘revealed’ as she’s set to move out of £8 million mansion(Instagram/@venezuelaprice1)Katie Price ‘mortified’ over claim as husband Lee Andrews ‘officially declared missing person’Instagram/@wesleeeandrewsGina Carano earned an absolute fortune for her 17-second MMA fight with Ronda RouseyGettyMum of toddler who went missing in Greece 35 years ago told UK police will no longer investigate the disappearance Police handout

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
8 hours ago
9 hours ago
  • (Instagram/@venezuelaprice1)
    an hour ago

    Venezuela Fury’s next move ‘revealed’ as she’s set to move out of £8 million mansion

    Venezuela Fury will be staying true to her Traveller traditions as she begins married life

    Entertainment
  • Instagram/@wesleeeandrews
    an hour ago

    Katie Price ‘mortified’ over claim as husband Lee Andrews ‘officially declared missing person’

    Katie Price says she has reported Lee Andrews as a missing person over fears he may have been kidnapped in Dubai

    Entertainment
  • @wesleeandrews
    8 hours ago

    Katie Price’s husband Lee Andrews ‘officially declared missing person’

    Price says she hasn’t heard from him in five days and is concerned he’s been ‘kidnapped’

    Entertainment
  • Getty
    9 hours ago

    Elsie Hewitt says ‘she’s raising child on her own’ confirming Pete Davidson split

    Hewitt and Davidson share five-month old daughter Scottie Rose

    Entertainment
  • James Franco confirms Hollywood return for 'big studio movie' after 10 years out of spotlight
  • James Corden gets emotional as he says goodbye to The Late Late Show after eight years
  • Virgin Island star reveals first signs of ‘spectatoring’ sexual issue after show 'undid 10 years of issues'
  • James Corden explains the real reason he's leaving The Late Late Show this week