• Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • LAD Originals

U OK M8?
Free To Be
Extinct
Citizen Reef

To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Not now
OK

Miles Teller Reveals Tom Cruise Is Already In Talks For A Top Gun 3

Charisa Bossinakis

Published 
| Last updated 

Miles Teller Reveals Tom Cruise Is Already In Talks For A Top Gun 3

Miles Teller reveals that Tom Cruise is already in talks of doing a third film following the huge success of Top Gun: Maverick.

Despite the sequel coming out 36 years later, fans will likely not wait that long for another film as the Hollywood A-lister is already planning its another instalment to the franchise.

While speaking with Entertainment Tonight, Teller said he's been having ‘conversations’ with the Risky Business actor about appearing in another Top Gun flick.

 Lee Young-ho / Sipa USA
Lee Young-ho / Sipa USA

"That would be great, but that's all up to TC," he said.

"It's all up to Tom. I've been having some conversations with him about it.

"We'll see."

As of July 10, Top Gun: Maverick has grossed around $1.184 billion (AUD $1,734 billion or £987 million) worldwide, officially making it the highest-earning film of the year.

During its opening weekend, ComicBook reports that the sequel to the 1986 classic took home $248 million (AUD $363 million or £196 million) at the worldwide box office, marking it as one of Cruise’s biggest opening weekends ever.

So it’s no surprise Paramount Studios has sparked interest in Top Gun 3.

Last month, the film’s director, Joseph Kosinski, revealed that Cruise initially didn’t want to make a sequel, according to Polygon.

Credit: STANLEY Anthony / ATP / SPP / Alamy
Credit: STANLEY Anthony / ATP / SPP / Alamy

He told the outlet: “So we flew to Paris, where Tom was shooting Mission: Impossible, we got about a half hour of his time between setups. 

“And I basically had 30 minutes to pitch this film, which I didn’t realise when we were flying over.

"But when I got there, I found that Tom really didn’t want to make another Top Gun.”

Kosinski shared that after his original pitch and a little arm twisting, the 60-year-old actor decided he was keen.

He said: “And at the end of the pitch, he picked up the phone, he called the head of Paramount Pictures and said, ‘We’re making another Top Gun'.

“It’s pretty impressive to see the power of a real movie star in that moment.”

However, Cruise seems to be at a nostalgic point in his career, as he's continuing more than just one of his classic franchises. 

Earlier this month, Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One director Christopher McQuarrie posted a birthday tribute to the star teasing a death-defying stunt for the highly-awaited film.

With the photo capturing Cruise, you know, just casually dangling off a chopper, we can’t wait to see what the rest has installed for us.

Featured Image Credit: Lee Jae-Won / AFLO / Alamy Live News. Paramount Pictures Studios / Alamy.

Topics: News, TV and Film, Tom Cruise, Top Gun, Celebrity

Charisa Bossinakis
More like this

Chosen for YouChosen for You

Entertainment

One of Netflix’s most watched TV series is being removed from the platform soon

40 minutes ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Jackie Chan says Rush Hour 4 is finally happening

12 hours ago