ladbible homepage
ladbible homepage
  • Home
  • News
    • UK
    • US
    • World
    • Ireland
    • Australia
    • Science
    • Crime
    • Weather
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • TV
    • Film
    • Music
    • Gaming
    • Netflix
    • Disney
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • Money
  • Originals
    • FFS PRODUCTIONS
    • Say Maaate to a Mate
    • Daily Ladness
    • UOKM8?
    • FreeToBe
    • Citizen Reef
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • SPORTbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Lewis Capaldi forced to rearrange rest of tour due to illness
Home>Entertainment
Published 10:02 11 Mar 2023 GMT

Lewis Capaldi forced to rearrange rest of tour due to illness

Lewis Capaldi has had to cancel more shows in Europe

Tom Wood

Tom Wood

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Lewis Capaldi has been forced to cancel the rest of his gigs in Europe on his current tour because of illness. The singer confirmed the sad news in a video statement online:

He was forced to cancel a few shows in Zurich and Milan earlier this week after getting struck down with bronchitis, telling fans he was ‘absolutely devastated’ to have to get rid of the shows.

The 26-year-old did confirm that he’ll be looking for the soonest dates possible to reschedule the dates, though confirming that Zurich will now take place on June 28 and Milan on May 31.

Advert

All tickets that have been bought for those shows will still be valid, so fans needn’t worry about that.

However, just days after that initial announcement he has now confirmed that he must take longer off after his voice broke down once again.

This time, he’s had to call off the rest of his European tour so that he doesn’t do permanent damage to his voice.

It’s disappointing, but fans must understand that he can’t risk that.

Lewis Capaldi was clearly upset about the whole thing.
Twitter/Lewis Capaldi

Clearly emotional, the Scottish musician told his fans: “I'm f***ing gutted to be making this video but unfortunately I'm going to have to be rescheduling the rest of my tour, that includes Barcelona tonight, Madrid tomorrow, and Stuttgart and Munich next week.

“I got told at the start of this week that I have bronchitis after losing my voice on stage and got sent home to Glasgow and had to reschedule Zurich and Milan.

“I went to another doctor in Glasgow and got medication and inhalers to try and help with the bronchitis, and I do feel a bit better, and I thought I was going to be ready for the show so I've flown out to Barcelona, I'm backstage just now.

“During soundcheck, my voice was just giving in.

“So unfortunately, to prevent further damage, I've spoke with a doctor here and I'm going to have to just take a week to let this die down and heal properly rather than doing any permanent damage to my voice.

“I'm really sorry about this, I shouldn't be doing this, I feel like a d***, especially tonight in Barcelona since it's so close to the show I wanted to give the update myself, so you know it's coming from me and not someone on my management.”

He said he wanted to be honest with fans by telling them himself.
Twitter/Lewis Capaldi

He concluded: “I'm so so sorry we will get the dates rescheduled soon and I'll see you all later.”

Bronchitis is an inflammation of airways in the lungs that usually develops from an infection.

Lewis said that he did try to get through his show in Stockholm in pain, before having to accept defeat on the dates immediately afterwards.

Don’t worry though – with the rest he needs, Lewis should be fit and firing again fairly soon and he’ll be back to make up for the lost time.

Featured Image Credit: Twitter/Lewis Capaldi

Topics: Lewis Capaldi, Music, Celebrity, Twitter, World News, Health

Tom Wood
Tom Wood

Tom Wood is a LADbible journalist and Twin Peaks enthusiast. Despite having a career in football cut short by a chronic lack of talent, he managed to obtain degrees from both the University of London and Salford. According to his French teacher, at the weekend he mostly likes to play football and go to the park with his brother. Contact Tom on [email protected]

X

@TPWagwim

Recommended reads

Virgin Island expert hits out explaining why she didn’t return for season 2Channel 4Tourist who got beat up for throwing rocks at beloved seal explains why he did itUnited States Attorney's OfficeChannel 4 wipe MAFS UK from site after allegations two 'brides' were raped by their on-screen 'husbands'Getty StockTwo Married at First Sight UK brides claim they were raped by on-screen husbands, BBC reportGetty Stock

Advert

  • Lewis Capaldi announces second BST Hyde Park show due to ‘phenomenal demand’ and tickets are still available
  • Lewis Capaldi makes heartbreaking comeback after disappearing from public for two years due to struggles
  • There's still time to secure Lewis Capaldi tickets if you missed out on general sale
  • Lewis Capaldi opens up about ‘convulsing’ backstage in harrowing experience that led to him disappearing for two years

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
  • Channel 4
    an hour ago

    Virgin Island expert hits out explaining why she didn’t return for season 2

    The coach says she was disappointed with her edit in the first jaw-dropping season of Virgin Island

    Entertainment
  • Getty Stock
    2 hours ago

    Channel 4 wipe MAFS UK from site after allegations two 'brides' were raped by their on-screen 'husbands'

    An external review is currently underway of contributor welfare on Married At First Sight UK

    Entertainment
  • Getty Stock
    3 hours ago

    Two Married at First Sight UK brides claim they were raped by on-screen husbands, BBC report

    Two Married At First Sight UK brides have claimed they were allegedly raped during filming while a third alleges a non-consensual sex act

    Entertainment
  • Dia Dipasupil/WireImage
    3 hours ago

    Brooke Shields reflects on being made 'sex symbol' so young after starring in intimate scenes aged 11

    The star opened up about the pressure she felt to live up to 'what people wanted' of her

    Entertainment