• Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • LAD Originals

U OK M8?
Free To Be
Extinct
Citizen Reef

To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Not now
OK

What Is Prince Harry's Net Worth In 2022?

Harry Smailes

Published 
| Last updated 

What Is Prince Harry's Net Worth In 2022?

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

For better and for worse, Prince Harry is a man who has received more than his fair share of the limelight over the course of his life. 

Having joined the military as an officer in 2006, he rapidly became a national treasure on account of his actions in Afghanistan, rising to the rank of captain following two successful military tours of the country. His status as a bona fide national hero was only bolstered by his founding of the Invictus Games in 2014, an international multi-sporting event for injured servicemen and veterans.

However, in more recent memory, Prince Harry has fallen out of public favour resulting in a rather dramatic fall from grace. Swiftly after he and Meghan Markle tied the knot in May 2018, the Prince of Wales announced the couple would be stepping back from royal duties before completely exiting royal life in March 2020.

Almost exactly a year later, the couple made the decision to appear on a now infamous episode of Oprah, in which they laid into the British royal family. This interview had notably negative outcomes for the pair as, according to YouGov, Prince Harry saw a 15% decline in popularity whilst the percentage of Britons who viewed Meghan positively dropped to 31%.

In light of the tumultuous past couple of years, and with his appearance at the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee raising his profile, fans are now wondering what is he worth.

What Is Prince Harry’s Net Worth?

As of 10th May 2022, Prince Harry is reported to have a net worth of $60 million (£47.8 million) according to Landscape Insight.

Until stepping down from royal duties, the couple were almost entirely funded by the assets of the Crown Estate. A ridiculous 95% of their income came from Prince Charles’ Duchy of Cornwall, according to the BBC, with the other 5% coming from the taxpayer-funded sovereign grant. Effectively, until 2020, Prince Harry had never been at risk of financial depravity, as one would expect of a royal.

Quitting royal service left him without the safety net of the regular income of royal assets and the Crown Estate. Fortunately, his mother, Princess Diana, left a fund worth $40 million (£31.9 million) for Princes Harry and William to share, with which he has been able to establish himself in California. Accompanying this minor leg-up, the Prince receives his regular incomes from a lucrative Netflix deal, a Spotify podcast and collaboration with the book publisher Penguin Random House; all of which have been made possible by the notoriety of both him and Meghan.

Topics: Prince Harry, Royal Family, Celebrity Net Worth

Harry Smailes
More like this

Chosen for YouChosen for You

News

Basketball-sized Asian hornet nest removed from UK garden after week-long search

6 hours ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

14% of British people masturbate during work hours, according to new study

21 hours ago