SAS: Who Dares Wins returned to our screens last night, but some viewers are already missing Ant Middleton. You can see a clip from the show here:
Middleton was dropped from the Channel 4 show last year, with the broadcaster its ‘values are not aligned’ with the former chief instructor.
A spokesperson told LADbible: "Ant Middleton will not be taking part in future series of SAS: Who Dares Wins.
"Following a number of discussions Channel 4 and Minnow Films have had with him in relation to his personal conduct it has become clear that our views and values are not aligned and we will not be working with him again."
This season, new chief instructor Rudy Reyes joined fellow newcomer Remi Adeleke and veteran stars Jason 'Foxy' Fox and Mark 'Billy' Billingham to form the new elite directing staff team.
However, it seems as though some viewers are missing Middleton.
Posting on Twitter one fan wrote: “Not sure how I feel about not having Ant Middleton scream in my face on a Sunday anymore.”
Another said: “SAS: Who Dares Wins without Ant Middleton? I THINK NOT.”
While a third said: “Never in a million years did I think I’d say this… BRING BACK ANT MIDDLETON.”
A fourth viewer added: “Bring back Ant Middleton. Just not the same without him.”
Middleton’s departure from the show came after he labelled Black Lives Matters protestors 'scum' in June last year.
He tweeted: "The extreme left against the extreme right. When did two wrongs make a right. It was only a matter of time. BLM and EDL are not welcome on our streets, absolute scum. What a great example you are to your future generation. Bravo."
Before that, in March, he was heavily criticised for encouraging his followers to flout coronavirus restrictions.
In a video shared on Instagram, he said: "Am I still out travelling the world? Yes. Am I still shaking hands? Yes. Am I still cuddling fans at the airport? Yes. Am I washing my hands and keeping my hygiene to a high standard as always? Yes.
"Has my life changed? No. Am I going to let some disease Covid-19 dictate my life? Absolutely not. Get out there, don't change, f**k Covid-19."
He later said he had ‘probably been a bit insensitive towards the magnitude’ of the coronavirus pandemic.
SAS: Who Dares Wins airs on Sundays on Channel 4 at 9pm.
Featured Image Credit: Channel 4/Alamy
- New SAS: Who Dares Wins host reckons he'd easily beat up Ant Middleton
- Pete Wicks is forced to leave SAS: Who Dares Wins after suffering injury
- SAS: Who Dares Wins Star Rudy Reyes Reveals Hardest Situation He’s Ever Been In
- Paralympian thought he was 'going to die' during brutal SAS: Who Dares Wins challenge