New SAS: Who Dares Wins host reckons he'd easily beat up Ant Middleton
| Last updated
New Celeb SAS: Who Dares Wins chief instructor Rudy Reyes has shared his opinion on former instructor Ant Middleton and it seems there’s certainly no love lost between the pair.
Fifty-year-old Reyes, a former US Marine, took over after Middleton was dropped from the hit show last year.
Reyes can currently be seen on Sunday nights on Channel 4 putting a new batch of celebrities through their paces alongside fellow instructors Mark Billingham, Jason Fox and new-comer Remi Adeleke.
Now, Reyes has slated Middleton, branding him ‘immature’ and went on to say he reckons Middleton would have 'no chance' if they got into a scrap.
Speaking on the Anything Goes podcast, he said: “He's very immature, he's a very immature person.
"It's obvious how narcissistic he is. And of course, you know what, if he was ever face to face with me he wouldn't say a thing. He'd have no chance against me."
He went on: "I've always wished him the best. But I believe he has painted himself into a corner. He runs his mouth all the time and he treats people poorly. That's all I have to say."
This isn’t the first time Reyes has taken aim at his SAS: Who Dares Wins predecessor, he’s previously claimed he has more ‘decorum’ than the ex-Royal Marine.
During an interview with the Sun last year, Reyes was asked about the differences between him and Middleton, to which he replied: "I just think I have decorum and don’t curse and say misogynistic things while everyone is listening.
“That’s the difference, and I have more combat experience - and if that makes me woke, then fantastic.”
Meanwhile, Middleton has also taken a few swipes at Reyes on social media.
In a tweet, Middleton wrote: “If a US Marine tried to run a Delta Force selection process he would be laughed at and get a good old fashion kick in.”
He also retweeted a tweet from a fan showing a photo of Reyes with the caption: “When you order @antmiddleton from Wish,” alongside his own caption: “This one always makes me chuckle…#sotrue.”
Middleton was dropped from the show last year over his 'personal conduct', with Channel 4 issuing a statement at the time that said: "Ant Middleton will not be taking part in future series of SAS: Who Dares Wins.
"Following a number of discussions Channel 4 and Minnow Films have had with him in relation to his personal conduct it has become clear that our views and values are not aligned and we will not be working with him again."