Cristiano Ronaldo's incredible achievements in the game of football have been commemorated, with his hometown of Madeira naming its airport after him.
The four-time Ballon d'Or winner has really put his birthplace of Funchal, Madeira on the map, so it's no surprise that he has been honoured with the name of the airport as well as a very questionable bust of his own head.
The Portugal captain already has a dedicated museum and hotel in the town.
Ronaldo's former teammate recently revealed the 32-year-old's nickname when they were younger:
Credit: Press TV
An event was held on Wednesday when fans and guests, such as Portugal's Prime Minister, watched a ceremony which saw the airport officially christened as 'Aeroporto Cristiano Ronaldo'.
However, the bust of Ronaldo's head was less than flattering.
Twitter uses were, naturally, quick to indulge in mockery of the bronze atrocity.
Cristiano Ronaldo officially unveils the newly-renamed Raoul Moat International Airport pic.twitter.com/QuIx3dNMlV
- Adam Hurrey (@FootballCliches) March 29, 2017
The Cristiano Ronaldo bust at the airport carrying his name. This is Art Attack... pic.twitter.com/tTVmQBMgms
- Simon Peach (@SimonPeach) March 29, 2017
Madeira Airport has been renamed Cristiano Ronaldo Airport.
I'm sure he's delighted with that statue... pic.twitter.com/XfV6n6zeau
- BigSport (@BigSportGB) March 29, 2017
Looks like John Arne Riise got his own statue at Cristiano Ronaldo's airport in Madeira pic.twitter.com/AsQzsL4dhX
- 90min (@90min_Football) March 29, 2017
The Madeira Airport has been officially renamed as the Cristiano Ronaldo Airport.
They've unveiled this statue. Looks more like Shanta. pic.twitter.com/NlfTD6mUbC
- ODDSbible (@TheOddsBible) March 29, 2017
When you send the statue guy a picture of Niall Quinn instead of Cristiano Ronaldo #Awkward :joy: pic.twitter.com/0VR8qPskVF
- Dan Walker (@mrdanwalker) March 29, 2017
Did Hellen Keller make this from Ronaldo's likeness? #GrazieTotti https://t.co/sQ4UEicniV
- Flo-#GrazieTotti (@theoren91) March 29, 2017
Madeira's airport has been renamed after Cristiano Ronaldo. There is a bust of "him" on the grounds.
That is all... pic.twitter.com/na2P99NXDI
- Squawka News (@SquawkaNews) March 29, 2017
I don't know about you but I can't tell the difference between Ronaldo and his statue. The resemblance is uncanny.
Featured Image Credit: PA
- Cristiano Ronaldo Is Home With His Family Following Shocking Death Of Baby Boy
- Saudi Arabia are set to bend laws to allow Cristiano Ronaldo to live with Georgina Rodriguez
- Cristiano Ronaldo criticised after he takes photo with 'friend' Jordan Peterson
- Cristiano Ronaldo Announces Baby Son Has Died In Heartbreaking Statement