ladbible homepage
ladbible homepage
  • Home
  • News
    • UK
    • US
    • World
    • Ireland
    • Australia
    • Science
    • Crime
    • Weather
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • TV
    • Film
    • Music
    • Gaming
    • Netflix
    • Disney
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • Money
  • Originals
    • FFS PRODUCTIONS
    • Say Maaate to a Mate
    • Daily Ladness
    • UOKM8?
    • FreeToBe
    • Citizen Reef
  • Videos
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Gilgo Beach serial killer shares horrific details of how he killed victims in front of their relatives
Home>News>Crime
Published 20:29 8 Apr 2026 GMT+1

Gilgo Beach serial killer shares horrific details of how he killed victims in front of their relatives

He pled guilty to murdering eight women

Danni King

Danni King

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Gilgo Beach serial killer Rex Heuermann has shared the horrific details of the eight women he murdered after admitting to their killings in court.

Heuermann, an architect from Long Island, was accused of seven murders dating back to 1993, dubbed the Gilgo Beach killings, with an eighth added to his terrifying tally on Wednesday (8 April).

He appeared at Suffolk County court in Riverhead, New York, where he changed his plea to guilty in the murders of the eight women.

The court heard how Heuermann strangled and dismembered the women and dumped their remains along stretches of Long Island, with their remains found years after their initial disappearances.

Advert

When asked how he killed each women, he repeatedly replied with the word 'strangulation' as the victims' relatives gasped in the court.

Heuermann pled guilty to the murders in court (James Carbone - Pool/Getty Images)
Heuermann pled guilty to the murders in court (James Carbone - Pool/Getty Images)

Reports said the serial killer appeared calm as he reeled off the details of the killings of Melissa Barthelemy, Amber Costello, Megan Waterman, Maureen Brainard-Barnes, Valerie Mack, Jessica Taylor and Sandra Costilla.

Karen Vergata, whose 1996 murder had not previously been linked to him, was named as his eighth victim.

He confessed to dismembering the women and tying them up in burlap, as well as contacting his victims via burner phones and luring them with money.

Their remains were mainly found in marshland along Long Island’s south coast, most notably Gilgo Beach.

Following his guilty plea, prosecutors said: “He will serve three consecutive life sentences with no chance of parole."

Heuermann will be sentenced on 17 June.

Michael Brown, Heuermann’s attorney, said the notorious killer that 'gave peace and hope to the families' after changing his plea and accepting responsibility for his crimes.

“He certainly wanted to save the families of the victims the ordeal of going to trial, and coupled with saving his family that ordeal — it was definitely a factor,” Brown told reporters.

Before changing his plea, the killer was scheduled to face trial later this year.

He detailed the killings of the women and where he hid their remains (Spencer Platt/Getty Images)
He detailed the killings of the women and where he hid their remains (Spencer Platt/Getty Images)

Heuermann's guilty plea may also help his wife, Asa Ellerup, and daughter Victoria from liability in pending and expected civil lawsuits filed by the families of his victims.

The killer has also agreed to work with the FBI on other serial killer cases, according to Brown.

Heuermann committed the first murder in 1993 and struck for the last time in 2010. It wasn't until 2022 that Suffolk Country police managed to work out he was behind the string of murders.

Heuermann was first arrested in 2023 and has been held in custody ever since.

Featured Image Credit: James Carbone - Pool/Getty Images

Topics: Crime, News, World News

Danni King
Danni King

Recommended reads

Jon Bernthal's 11-year-old daughter's pay cheque for The Punisher has been revealedJamie McCarthy/Getty ImagesDoctor explains why everyone should be drinking milk in heatwave as temperatures soar above 30 degreesGetty Stock PhotoGemma Collins shows off incredible body transformation after shedding 3.5 stone with weight loss jabsGemma Collins/InstagramKiller sends harrowing message to victims' family after murdering mechanic over $500Fox 26 Houston

Advert

  • Killer sends harrowing message to victims' family after murdering mechanic over $500
  • Hero Maldives rescue diver shares chilling ‘shark cave’ details as he rejects leading theory over deaths
  • Shocking new details emerge over Bondi Beach shootings including 'tennis ball bombs'
  • Family of one of Mackenzie Shirilla's victims has scathing response to news her appeal was denied

Choose your content:

4 hours ago
5 hours ago
6 hours ago
  • Getty Stock Photo
    4 hours ago

    Doctor explains why everyone should be drinking milk in heatwave as temperatures soar above 30 degrees

    Temperatures are soaring to 33 degrees celsius in the UK this week

    News
  • Fox 26 Houston
    5 hours ago

    Killer sends harrowing message to victims' family after murdering mechanic over $500

    Luis Casillas, 29, begged for his life before being forced to his knees and fatally shot

    News
  • SWNS
    5 hours ago

    Man in £80,000 of debt after harrowing cocaine addiction explains what finally made him quit

    At his worst, Alex Powell was spending £600 a day on drugs

    News
  • Sean Gardner/Getty Images
    6 hours ago

    Kyle Busch's 11-year-old son pays heartbreaking tribute as RCR reveals plan for dad's No.8 car

    The racing star sadly passed away after experiencing a 'severe illness'

    News