ladbible homepage
ladbible homepage
  • Home
  • News
    • UK
    • US
    • World
    • Ireland
    • Australia
    • Science
    • Crime
    • Weather
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • TV
    • Film
    • Music
    • Gaming
    • Netflix
    • Disney
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • Money
  • Originals
    • FFS PRODUCTIONS
    • Say Maaate to a Mate
    • Daily Ladness
    • UOKM8?
    • FreeToBe
    • Citizen Reef
  • Videos
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Kyle Busch's 11-year-old son pays heartbreaking tribute as RCR reveals plan for dad's No.8 car
Home>News>Sport
Updated 16:04 23 May 2026 GMT+1Published 15:29 23 May 2026 GMT+1

Kyle Busch's 11-year-old son pays heartbreaking tribute as RCR reveals plan for dad's No.8 car

The racing star sadly passed away after experiencing a 'severe illness'

Olivia Burke

Olivia Burke

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

The son of two-time NASCAR champion Kyle Busch has touchingly paid tribute to his late father after his untimely death earlier this week.

The motorsport world has been left stunned by the 41-year-old star's sudden passing on Thursday (21 May). According to his loved ones, he experienced a 'severe illness'.

The news of his death was announced just hours after representatives for the Las Vegas-born racer revealed he had been rushed to hospital. His cause of death has not currently been disclosed.

Busch's family released a joint statement alongside NASCAR and Richard Childress Racing, saying they had been left 'heartbroken' while describing him as a 'rare talent'.

Advert

"On behalf of the Busch family, everyone at Richard Childress Racing and all of NASCAR, we are devastated to announce the sudden and tragic passing of Kyle Busch," it said.

"A future Hall of Famer, Kyle was a rare talent, one who comes along once in a generation."

Kyle Busch, pictured with his two kids and wife Samantha, passed away after a 'severe illness' (Instagram/@rowdybusch)
Kyle Busch, pictured with his two kids and wife Samantha, passed away after a 'severe illness' (Instagram/@rowdybusch)

It went on to say: "He was fierce, he was passionate, he was immensely skilled and he cared deeply about the sport and fans.

"His sharp wit and competitive spirit sparked a deep emotional connection with race fans of every age, creating the proud and loyal ‘Rowdy Nation. NASCAR lost a giant of the sport today, far too soon.

"During this incredibly difficult time, we ask everyone to respect the family’s privacy and continue to keep them in your thoughts and prayers. Further updates will be shared as appropriate."

Busch, who had been in the Cup Series since 2004, is survived by his 39-year-old wife Samantha, 11-year-old son Brexton and his four-year-old daughter Lennix.

The father-of-two leaves behind an incredible legacy, with NASCAR explaining he had won two Cup Series titles and 63 races throughout his illustrious career on the track.

The father and son seen celebrating Busch's win at the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Fr8 Racing 208 (Jonathan Bachman/Getty Images)
The father and son seen celebrating Busch's win at the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Fr8 Racing 208 (Jonathan Bachman/Getty Images)

The motorsport organisation said of Busch: "His numbers across the other two national NASCAR series are record-setting, with 102 victories in what is now called the O’Reilly Auto Parts Series and 69 wins in the Craftsman Truck Series.

"Busch drove for three Hall of Fame team owners in Cup, getting his start with Hendrick Motorsports as a heralded rookie in stock-car racing’s big leagues in 2005. He joined Joe Gibbs Racing in 2008, establishing a long-running partnership that made him the face of Toyota’s NASCAR endeavors. He spent the final stages of his career with Childress, arriving in 2023 and taking the reins of the No. 8 Chevrolet."

His young son Brexton - who kicked off his own racing career in 2020 - is now set to carry the torch for his dad.

He started competing when he was just five-years-old and bagged his first ever win just four weeks later, after triumphing at the Mountain Creek Speedway. He also won the coveted 'Golden Driller' trophy last year.

Brexton, 11, has followed in his father's footsteps and also enjoys racing (Instagram/@brextonbusch)
Brexton, 11, has followed in his father's footsteps and also enjoys racing (Instagram/@brextonbusch)

Brexton, who idolised his NASCAR star dad, subtly changed his Instagram profile picture in wake of Busch's death, which came just days after he turned 11.

It now features an image of them both sharing a tight embrace on the track.

The 11-year-old chose an image which he also used to mark his late dad's 41st birthday, which was just two weeks ago on 2 May.

You can see the image below:

Fans have been flooding the young lad's social media page with messages of condolence, with one writing: "You hold the torch now buddy...keep doing what you’re doing man...we’re here for ya."

Another said: "Sending prayers your way buddy. Your dad was one of the best to ever do it - a legend. And an even better dad. Keep making him proud!"

While a third added: "Your dad's legacy will live on forever. Go chase your dreams buddy, make your dad proud."

It has since been revealed that Busch's No. 8 Chevrolet has been retired in wake of his death - and it will instead be reserved for his 11-year-old son to use in the future.

Busch's No. 8 Chevrolet is being 'reserved' for Brexton, Richard Childress Racing said (Sean Gardner/Getty Images)
Busch's No. 8 Chevrolet is being 'reserved' for Brexton, Richard Childress Racing said (Sean Gardner/Getty Images)

Richard Childress Racing said it had 'elected to suspend use of the No. 8 and will run the No. 33 at Charlotte Motor Speedway and beyond' in a social media post.

"Kyle Busch was instrumental in the design of RCR’s stylized No. 8 and it has become synonymous with Kyle and an important symbol for his fans and the NASCAR industry," it explained.

"No one can carry it forward to the level that he did. The No. 8 is reserved and ready for Brexton Busch when he is ready to go NASCAR racing."

Featured Image Credit: Sean Gardner/Getty Images

Topics: Sport, Parenting, US News, Cars

Olivia Burke
Olivia Burke

Olivia is a journalist at LADbible Group with more than five years of experience and has worked for a number of top publishers, including News UK. She also enjoys writing food reviews (as well as the eating part). She is a stereotypical reality TV addict, but still finds time for a serious documentary.

X

@livburke_

Recommended reads

Anne Hathaway reveals secret decade-long health struggleTheo Wargo/Getty ImagesMackenzie Shirilla's final texts with boyfriend before his death revealedMackenzie Shirilla/InstagramPete Davidson and John Mulaney share lies they told to 'bombed' SNL hostsNetflixParents who abandoned children 'blindfolded in woods' heard opera singing in first court appearanceFILIPE AMORIM / AFP via Getty Images

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
  • Mackenzie Shirilla/Instagram
    an hour ago

    Mackenzie Shirilla's final texts with boyfriend before his death revealed

    Texts sent by Shirilla, who was convicted of murder, have now been released

    News
  • FILIPE AMORIM / AFP via Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Parents who abandoned children 'blindfolded in woods' heard opera singing in first court appearance

    Mum Marine Rousseau is said to have made the outburst while appearing in front of a judge on Friday

    News
  • Instagram/Dan Europe
    3 hours ago

    Maldives rescue diver explains what could be responsible for death of Italian divers

    The specialist diver has claimed that the Italians' equipment they found was 'not optimal' for the Maldives cave

    News
  • US Department of Defense
    3 hours ago

    Pentagon releases 50 new UFO videos with 'orbs swarming in all directions'

    The Pentagon released a second batch of videos of unidentified flying objects

    News
  • Influencer issues first public statement since the death of her 3-year-old son
  • Pete Davidson's family pays tribute to firefighter dad killed on 9/11
  • Toddler, 1, died after dad forgot to drop him off at daycare and left him in car
  • GoFundMe page for 11-year-old girl who lost family in tragic car crash reaches £400,000 as carer shares update