Chocolatier Shares Five Ingredient Recipe To Make Your Own Creme Eggs
With Easter weekend coming up, a chocolatier has shared his recipe to make Creme Eggs yourself - saving you from heading to the shops with everything that's been going on. What's more, it's actually easier than you would imagine.
Paul Young shared his tricks on how to recreate the treat on This Morning, and the simple recipe is circulating online once again.
So, here's how to do it, from the expert himself.
- 800g chocolate
- 500g shop bought white fondant
- 100mls water
- 100g caster sugar
- Yellow food colouring (or you could mix saffron or turmeric with water instead)
- Egg moulds - either homemade or shop bought
How to do it:
More Like ThisMore Like This
- First, melt your chocolate down in a bain marie - a glass bowl in a pan of boiling water will usually do the trick. Do not - I repeat, DO NOT - do this in the microwave, it's very easy to burn it.
- When it's all melted, pour two thirds of the chocolate onto a marble slab and temper the chocolate with a palette knife and scraped, moving it and spreading it until it starts to solidify.
- Add it back into the remaining third of melted chocolate and mix it until smooth then pour in to the egg mould.
- Tap the moulds gently to release any air bubbles, leaving for a few minutes before pouring out the excess.
- Put it in the fridge for 20 minutes.
For the filling:
- Put the sugar and water into a pan, heat it gently and dissolve it to make a sugar syrup.
- Then, cut the fondant icing in half and add the yellow food colouring to half of it.
- Grate the halves in separate bowls, mixing the sugar syrup into each until they are like buttercream.
- Then, take the moulds out of the fridge and remove the chocolate (careful, now), and fill each half with white fondant and a blob of yellow to look like an egg.
- Stick the two halves together and use a little melted chocolate to seal.
And there you go - your very own, homemade Creme Eggs. They will even last for up to a month - if you can wait that long, of course.
Let's all bring some positivity, support and fun to anyone who might find themselves in isolation as a result of the coronavirus spread. Need some entertainment? Join Isolation Nation: https://www.facebook.com/groups/coronasupport/
Featured Image Credit: Paul A Young Fine Chocolates/Sainsbury's
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read