To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders
Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications
Joe Rogan has been offered $100 million (£74 million) to take his podcast off Spotify.
The Joe Rogan Experience host has been accused of using his platform to spread Covid-19 misinformation, and the pressure on him recently increased after a compilation of clips showed him using the N-word 24 times.
Numerous artists boycotted Spotify in protest against Rogan, but it looks like he wouldn't struggle finding a new home for his show.
Video streaming platform Rumble has shared a letter from CEO Chris Pavolvski, in which he seemingly offered 54-year-old Rogan the opportunity to move his show over to the site - for the same sum that Spotify reportedly paid.
The letter reads: "How about you bring all your shows to Rumble, both old and new, with no censorship, for 100 million bucks over four years?
"This is our chance to save the world. And yes, this is totally legit."
Meanwhile, Spotify CEO Daniel Ek has made it clear he doesn't want to part ways with Rogan.
In a message to employees, he said: "While I strongly condemn what Joe has said and I agree with his decision to remove past episodes from our platform, I realise some will want more.
"And I want to make one point very clear – I do not believe that silencing Joe is the answer."
He added that he was 'deeply sorry' for the impact the controversy was having on Spotify's workforce.
He continued: "We should have clear lines around content and take action when they are crossed, but cancelling voices is a slippery slope. Looking at the issue more broadly, it’s critical thinking and open debate that powers real and necessary progress."
Rogan's public troubles escalated on 24 January when musician Neil Young asked to have his music removed because of concerns that Rogan was promoting scepticism about Covid-19 vaccines. Other musicians and podcasters followed suit, including Joni Mitchell and Roxane Gay.
The scrutiny only intensified when a video compilation emerged last week showing Rogan repeatedly using racial slurs.
Rogan apologised on Saturday (5 February), saying that the slurs were the 'most regretful and shameful thing' he has ever had to address, and that he has not used the N-word in years.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read