| Last updated
A romantic clifftop proposal went badly wrong when a woman fell from the edge just moments after saying yes.
Incredibly, the 32-year-old woman survived the fall from the 650ft (200m) cliff in Carinthia, Austria, after snow broke her fall.
Meanwhile, her 27-year-old fiance, who had leaped after her, was left hanging on for his life, after he soared nearly 50ft (17m) through the air, the Bild reports.
A police officer who attended the incident said: "The two were extremely lucky!
"He flew 15 meters through the air. The woman fell 200 meters over rocky terrain.
"Had it not been for snow, it would have turned out very differently."
The unlucky couple had trekked to the top of the mountain, where the man had popped the question.
But their happiness was short lived as the woman slipped in the snow and fell over the edge.
The man leapt out and made a grab for her, but unfortunately, also lost his footing and ended up sailing over the edge with her.
A passer-by spotted the woman, who landed on a frozen lake, and was able to raise the alarm.
A helicopter was sent to the cliff edge where the man was clinging on and he was safely rescued.
The newly-engaged couple were both taken to hospital where the man was diagnosed with a vertebrate fracture.
Not the best start to an engagement, but at least it's something to tell the grandkids in years to come.
And this unfortunate fella isn't the only man to see his romantic proposal end in disaster.
Earlier this year, a man from Sheffield, set fire to his flat after carefully planning out the perfect proposal.
The bloke had decided to set the scene for the big moment, filling the room with balloons, some fancy and 'hundreds' of tea light candles.
Can you see where this is going?
After setting up the man popped out to pick up his partner and when they returned the room was on fire.
Although the room was badly damaged, there were no injuries and, perhaps most importantly, she said 'yes'.
In a tweet about the incident, South Yorkshire Police warned: "As romantic as they are, and as much as we all love 'em, candles can be SO dangerous."
Featured Image Credit: PA
Topics: World News
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read