• Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • LAD Originals

U OK M8?
Free To Be
Extinct
Citizen Reef

To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Not now
OK

Woman Almost Dies After High-Cut Jeans Give Her A Wedgie

Anish Vij

Published 
| Last updated 

Woman Almost Dies After High-Cut Jeans Give Her A Wedgie

'A pain in the a***' is an expression we use now and again, however, Sam, from North Carolina, literally suffered a life-threatening one, after getting a wedgie from wearing high-cut jean shorts on a date. Watch her explain what happened in the video below:

Loading…

Three years ago, the 25-year old wore a pair of short pants and her wedgie pain, developed into something a lot more serious.

After ending up in ICU, Sam developed cellulitis, which is a painful skin infection and sepsis - a life-threatening response the body has to an infection.

Credit: TikTok/imtoooldtobeonthis
Credit: TikTok/imtoooldtobeonthis

She told Buzzfeed: "The timeline goes like this: I went on a full day-date with this guy I was newly dating, and realized I was wearing very uncomfortable clothes.

"I chose to ignore it and just enjoy my time.

"The next day, I felt very sore and then started feeling ill - just not 100 percent.

"That night, I noticed that I had a large bump where the chafing had occurred, and as time went on, it started becoming more painful.

"The pain was isolated to one spot and it felt like a throbbing, stabbing pain."

Credit: TikTok/imtoooldtobeonthis
Credit: TikTok/imtoooldtobeonthis

Sam went to the doctors the following day and expected to be given some antibiotics, but it was too late for that.

She added: "The very next morning, I was in septic shock and rushed to the ER by my mom.

"I was shivering, very breathless, could not walk and had extreme body aches.

"I was in the ICU for almost four days, where the doctors were debating debridement surgery (basically, cutting off the part of my butt that was infected)."

Thankfully, Sam was able to recover in the ICU and avoid surgery.

Credit: TikTok/imtoooldtobeonthis
Credit: TikTok/imtoooldtobeonthis

"I was sent to the ER for three days to fully recover before they sent me home. After I left the hospital, I was told to rest at home for a full month. Unfortunately, the cellulitis came back a month later, and I had to go back to the ER only for a day, where they treated me with antibiotics," Sam continued.

"Most people were shocked that this could happen, BUT I was extremely surprised at the amount of people saying the same thing happened to them too!

"I'm happy I made the TikTok, and although it's extremely scary to have one of the most embarrassing things that has ever happened to me on the internet, it reminds people that we're all human and experience weird stuff, and it's nothing to be ashamed of."

The 25-year-old's upload has racked up 8 million views, with 1.3 million likes.

Featured Image Credit: Credit: TikTok/imtoooldtobeonthis

Topics: TikTok, US

Anish Vij
More like this

Chosen for YouChosen for You

News

People in disbelief as man explains how often the average person actually has sex

8 hours ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Tyson Fury defeats Derek Chisora to retain WBC world heavyweight championship

3 hours ago