ladbible homepage
ladbible homepage
  • Home
  • News
    • UK
    • US
    • World
    • Ireland
    • Australia
    • Science
    • Crime
    • Weather
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • TV
    • Film
    • Music
    • Gaming
    • Netflix
    • Disney
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • Money
  • Originals
    • FFS PRODUCTIONS
    • Say Maaate to a Mate
    • Daily Ladness
    • UOKM8?
    • FreeToBe
    • Citizen Reef
  • Videos
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • SPORTbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Fine detail that got Kate Middleton's Mother's Day photo 'killed' by four global agencies
Home>News>Royal Family
Published 11:00 11 Mar 2024 GMT

Fine detail that got Kate Middleton's Mother's Day photo 'killed' by four global agencies

The photo was meant to calm speculation as to the Princess of Wales' whereabouts, as she recovers from surgery that took place in January

Tom Earnshaw

Tom Earnshaw

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

A new photo of the Princess of Wales with her three children has been slapped with a 'kill' notice by global image agencies over one detail in particular.

Published on social media via official Kensington Palace channels, Kate Middleton thanked the public for its 'kind wishes and continued support over the last two months' before wishing everyone a happy Mother's Day (10 March).

But the image of Kate with children Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis has become the headline, with social media users saying they had found issues with how the image had been edited.

Advert

This was then backed up by official global photo agencies, who issued immediate take down notices to media outlets using its service.

It has been reported that the Royal Family had hoped the image - which was taken by Prince William - would serve as a way to put a stop to ongoing rumours across social media, with Kate having not been seen in public since Christmas Day 2023.

She underwent surgery in January for an abdominal issue and has been recovering at home ever since.

On Good Morning Britain, journalist and presenter Susanna Reid said on the ITV show today (11 March) that the situation opens up the Royal Family to further speculation.

Kevin Maguire, associate editor at the Daily Mirror newspaper, told Susanna: "It fuels the wider conspiracy theories that it was intended to halt."

She said: "If they have manipulated Charlotte's wrist what else have they manipulated? That is the question."

On Sunday, Kensington Palace posted the first picture of Kate Middleton since her 'planned abdominal surgery' back in January.
X/@KensingtonRoyal

Kate's uncle, Gary Goldsmith, also appeared on GMB where he gave his opinion on why the image may look the way it does.

The main reason that saw global photo agencies scrap the image from its libraries is due to a rather obvious inconsistency with Princess Charlotte's left hand and arm.

It has seemingly been doctored in some way in the editing stage, with her wrist and sleeve physically not matching up.

Getty Images, AFP, Reuters and Associated Press (AP) all pulled the photo with 'kill' notices issued to media outlets signed up to their services.

They noted an 'inconsistency in alignment of Princess Charlotte's left hand' as the reason for the kill notice.

As a result, a number of official picture agencies, including the Associated Press, have retracted the image.
X/@KensingtonRoyal

Reuters said it was removing the photo 'following a post-publication review', while the AP said: "At closer inspection it appears that the source has manipulated the image. No replacement photo will be sent."

So far, Kensington Palace has issued a 'no comment' response when asked by ITV about issuing of the photo being doctored or edited.

LADbible has also approached the Royal Family over the image.

Late had surgery earlier this year where she spent 13 nights in private hospital at the London Clinic.

King Charles has also had treatment there in recent months, with the head of state revealing earlier this year he was diagnosed with cancer.

Featured Image Credit: Kensington Palace / Stephen Pond / Getty Images

Topics: Kate Middleton, Prince George, Prince William, Royal Family, Social Media, Twitter, UK News, Viral, ITV, Good Morning Britain

Tom Earnshaw
Tom Earnshaw

Tom joined LADbible Group in 2024, currently working as SEO Lead across all brands including LADbible, UNILAD, SPORTbible, Tyla, UNILAD Tech, and GAMINGbible. He moved to the company from Reach plc where he enjoyed spells as a content editor and senior reporter for one of the country's most-read local news brands, LancsLive. When he's not in work, Tom spends his adult life as a suffering Manchester United supporter after a childhood filled with trebles and Premier League titles. You can't have it all forever, I suppose.

X

@TREarnshaw

Recommended reads

England fans risk deportation at World Cup if they break bizarre US law which doesn't exist in UKStu Forster/Getty ImagesEngland World Cup squad announced as Harry Maguire and five more huge stars miss outCarl Recine/Getty ImagesTom Hardy 'fired from MobLand' ahead of season threeTheo Wargo/Getty ImagesJeremy Clarkson issues health update after being left ‘days from death’Prime Video

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
  • Carl Recine/Getty Images
    an hour ago

    England World Cup squad announced as Harry Maguire and five more huge stars miss out

    Thomas Tuchel has announced his 2026 World Cup squad

    News
  • Facebook
    2 hours ago

    Disturbing reason why Chris Watts keeps photos of his murdered wife and daughters in his prison cell

    Chris Watts revealed how he 'talks to' the photos of his pregnant wife and two daughters, who he killed in 2018, from his cell

    News
  • Instagram
    2 hours ago

    Hero Maldives rescue diver shares chilling ‘shark cave’ details as he rejects leading theory over deaths

    Five Italian divers died at an underwater cave in the Maldives last Thursday

    News
  • Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Major development as Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor investigated by police for ‘sex offences’

    Andrew was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office on 19 February

    News
  • Kate Middleton's uncle shares theory on why niece's Mother's Day photo looks photoshopped
  • Prince George will be separated from Prince William from today due to royal tradition
  • Matthew McConaughey praised for his gesture to Prince William and Kate Middleton at Wimbledon
  • Kate Middleton releases statement admitting she edited Mother's Day photo