Presenter Sara Cox was forced to apologise after a caller rang up to request a song before calling Matt Hancock a c*** live on air. You can check out how that played out here:
As you’ve probably seen, the former Health Secretary is currently Down Under on this year’s I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!, a move that hasn’t gone down well with everyone, not least the Conservative Party which suspended him shortly after the news was announced.
Meanwhile, a petition to have him removed from the jungle has racked up more than 45,000 signatures since it was launched.
Now, a seemingly angry individual named Jesse decided to use BBC Radio 2’s All Request Friday to make his feelings clear.
Cox asked: “Everyone is going to love you for choosing a bit of Queen. What track are we playing and why, please?”
To which the caller replied: “We’re playing 'Don’t Stop Me Now' by Queen because Matt Hancock is a c***.”
In an impressive display of professionalism, Cox appeared cool and calm as she quickly cut the caller off and issued an apology to listeners.
“OK so we’ve got to cut him off there,” she said. “This is live radio, this kind of thing happens. I can only apologise if you’ve got children listening in the car. I’m going to play the tune - huge apologies, it is live - and here’s the song.”
A clip of the moment has since been shared online where it’s gathered plenty of attention, with many listeners praising Cox for how she handled the situation.
Replying to the clip one person said: “I nearly crashed my car when I heard that! Sara Cox supreme professional.”
Another said: “Don’t know why but the fact they go straight back into 'Don’t Stop Me Now' cracks me up the most.”
While a third wrote: “Well that's the end of live requests.”
Among those who responded to the post was fellow broadcaster Jeremy Clarkson, who tweeted: “I’m always amazed that doesn’t happen more often.”
While it’s not yet clear if anyone has complained to Ofcom about the c-bomb - the TV watchdog confirmed earlier this week it had been flooded with complaints about Hancock’s inclusion on the show.
On Tuesday (16 November), Ofcom said it had received approximately 1,100 complaints about him - an overwhelming majority of the 1,968 complaints made about the show so far.
It added that, while many viewers were furious that he had even made it to the jungle in the first place, others had expressed concern about how he is being treated by his campmates.
Featured Image Credit: BBC/ITV