Conor McGregor Gets One Month Suspension From UFC On Medical Grounds
Conor McGregor has been suspended for a month by the UFC on medical grounds.
The company's list of medical suspensions has the line: "Conor McGregor: Suspended until 6/11/18, no contact until 28/10/18."
Meanwhile, his latest opponent Khabib Nurmagomedov, who forced the Irishman to tap out in the fourth round, has been medically cleared to fight again, but is still very much in Dana White's bad books by the sounds of things.
Following his loss, McGregor has made no secret of the fact that he's keen for a rematch, tweeting two days ago to say: "Good knock. Looking forward to the rematch."
He then posted yesterday to say: "We lost the match but won the battle. The war goes on," alongside a photo of him sporting a pretty impressive shiner.
We lost the match but won the battle.
The war goes on. pic.twitter.com/CRtPaGfOnn
- Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) October 8, 2018
The fight has been shrouded in controversy after Khabib, 30, hopped out of the octagon and went for McGregor's coaching staff.
Adding to the post-fight drama, three men then entered the cage and began hitting out at McGregor, who, let's face it, had probably been through enough at this point.
Three men were arrested but were released without charge after McGregor declined to press charges.
Their actions have been slammed by UFC boss White and fans of the sport.
White has said that Khabib is yet to be given his $2 million (£1.5m) fight purse, while two other UFC fighters - who entered the cage and went for McGregor - will 'never fight' for UFC again.
Speaking after the fight, he said: "What happens here is three guys have been arrested, there will be charges against him for sure.
"God knows what's going to happen to Khabib and his guys. There's a lot of repercussions from tonight, things I don't even think they realise yet.
"The guys who jumped in will never fight here again. I've been working hard to promote this sport, this is not what a mixed martial arts event is normally like."
He has, so far, remained tight-lipped on the subject of a rematch.
Featured Image Credit: PA