UFC Fighter Brags About Attacking Conor McGregor During Mass Brawl At UFC 229
Following his defeat to Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 229, Conor McGregor was attacked by a number of men.
One of those was Zubaira Tukhogov.
The 27-year-old has now been bragging that he 'slapped' McGregor 'as promised' when he jumped over the railings of the Octagon to land several blows on the Irishman from behind.
Footage taken by audience members shows three men race towards McGregor after the contest was over.
UFC fighter Zubaira Tukhugov is bragging on social media about attacking Conor McGregor at #UFC229: "I slapped him as promised. I promised to make him answer for his words and I did." pic.twitter.com/Iy2QYlUmEt
- Karim Zidan (@ZidanSports) October 7, 2018
According to the Mirror, Tukhugov has now posted a video on social media saying: "I slapped him as promised. I promised to make him answer for his words and I did."
McGregor tapped out in the fourth round of the contest after Khabib Nurmagomedov administered a deadly chokehold.
The 30-year-old Irish fighter has since taken to Twitter:
Good knock. Looking forward to the rematch.
- Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) October 7, 2018
As we know, the fight ended in chaos and controversy when Khabib left the ring trying to get towards one of Conor's entourage, and several of Khabib's team invaded the octagon to attack the Irishman.
Alongside Zubaira Tukhugov was fellow MMA fighter, Islam Makhachev. UFC chief Dana White has vowed that neither will ever fight for the UFC again.
Tukhugov was due to fight McGregor's teammate, Artem Lobov later this month.
McGregor has previously accused Tukhugov of treason for turning on fellow Chechen, Lobov when he said on Instagram last month: "A true Chechen would never assist in a Dagestani led attack on another Chechen.
"A true Chechen would never take orders from a Dagestani man. This is treason. There is no worse than treason."
It isn't known whether Tukhogov was one of those arrested by the police but the people that were apprehended were later released after McGregor decided not to press charges.
As well as Dana White vowing they won't fight in the UFC again, he said: "I've been working hard to promote this sport, this is not what a mixed martial arts event is normally like."
McGregor has asked for a rematch after the weekend defeat.
Featured Image Credit: Instagram/zubairatukhugov/thenotoriousmma