
Anthony Joshua's family has given an update on his condition after a horror crash in Nigeria killed two of his close friends.
The crash took place two days ago, on December 29, and led to the deaths of his close personal friends Sina Ghami and Latif 'Latz' Ayodele.
Sina was AJ's sport and exercise rehabilitation coach, and Latz was his personal trainer, with their identities being confirmed in a statement from Matchroom Boxing
Viral videos on social media showed AJ being pulled out of the car, seemingly saying he felt 'pain all over his body'.
Advert
The cause of the crash has since been confirmed by authorities, who say that the Lexus SUV Joshua and his friends were in 'lost control' due to excessive speed, causing it to burst a tire whilst overtaking another vehicle and slamming into the back of a parked van.

His uncle, Robert issued an update on his condition, saying: "We have not been allowed to see him, but from information given by authorities, he is responding to treatment.”
Robert also stated that AJ was 'stable' in a statement to The Sun.
Adedamola Joshua, another uncle of Joshua's, said: “The incident shook our family deeply. Though our son, Anthony, is alive, two of his friends, who came to celebrate with us, lost their lives.
“This is a serious tragedy, not only for our family, but for Ogun State, Nigeria, and the world at large. We are deeply saddened that two people very close to Anthony did not survive. Our hearts are with their families.”

Matchroom Boxing had previously released a statement confirming the deaths of Sina and Latz and giving an update on AJ's condition, saying: "Anthony Joshua was involved in a road traffic accident in Lagos, Nigeria, earlier today.
"With profound sadness it has been confirmed that two close friends and team members Sina Ghami and Latif Ayodele have tragically passed away.
"Matchroom Boxing and 258 BXG can confirm that Anthony sustained injuries in the accident and was taken to hospital for checks and treatment. He is in a stable condition and will remain there for observation."
The boxing world has rallied to support the English-Nigerian boxer following the incident, with former opponent Jake Paul putting out a statement in support of Joshua.

He said on X: "Life is much more important than boxing. I am praying for the lost lives, AJ and anyone impacted by today’s unfortunate accident."
Paul also reposted a message form Nakisa Bidarian, the CEO and co-founder of Paul's Most Valuable Promotions, saying: "The tragedy that occurred yesterday impacted so many and the focus should be on honoring the lost loved ones and praying for all involved and impacted.
"To see major media outlets posting about a potential AJ Fury fight in relation to this life altering event is disappointing and disturbing.
"Please focus on honouring Sina Ghami and Latif Ayodele and safe return to health for Joshua. Rest in Peace to these amazing men."
Topics: Anthony Joshua, Boxing, News, World News, Celebrity, UK News