• iconNews
  • videos
  • entertainment
  • Home
  • News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • Australia
    • Ireland
    • World News
    • Weird News
    • Viral News
    • Sport
    • Technology
    • Science
    • True Crime
    • Travel
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • TV & Film
    • Netflix
    • Music
    • Gaming
    • TikTok
  • LAD Originals
    • Say Maaate to a Mate
    • Daily Ladness
    • Lad Files
    • UOKM8?
    • FreeToBe
    • Extinct
    • Citizen Reef
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube

LAD Entertainment

YouTube

LAD Stories

Submit Your Content
Jake Paul issues response to Mike Tyson fight being postponed

Home> News> Sport

Published 09:25 1 Jun 2024 GMT+1

Jake Paul issues response to Mike Tyson fight being postponed

He's said he does care about Tyson's health

Joe Harker

Joe Harker

Jake Paul vs Mike Tyson is off for the foreseeable future due to Tyson suffering from a medical emergency.

Netflix, which had been due to screen their bout, announced last night (31 May) that the fight will still go ahead but that it'll be happening later in the year.

Paul and Tyson had been scheduled to step into the ring on 20 July but that's not going to be the case.

The streaming site said: "Unfortunately Jake Paul and Mike Tyson will not face-off on July 20 as planned.

Advert

"Tyson’s recent ulcer flare up has limited his ability to train fully for the next few weeks.

"The fight will be rescheduled for a date later this year after Mike’s able to resume training with no limitations and both fighters can have equal time to prepare for this once-in-a-lifetime matchup!”

Jake Paul released a statement on social media. (Cooper Neill/Getty Images for Netflix)
Jake Paul released a statement on social media. (Cooper Neill/Getty Images for Netflix)

Paul then took to social media to issue his own statement and give his own verdict on the fight being postponed.

He said: "Obviously devastating news, I'm heartbroken, speechless, like gutted.

Advert

"We've been working so hard over here, everyone in this camp, and I just feel bad for everyone involved in this event, the whole undercard, this opportunity has been ripped from all of us.

"But I do value Mike's health first and foremost. Love that guy, I have so much respect for him and I want Mike to be healthy.

"He says he still is gonna knock me out and I bought myself some time, so Mike is still talking s**t over there, but Mike if you want to do this behind closed doors, behind the scenes you say you want to do this in Q4 you just need a little bit of time.

"I'm ready whenever you are, this is too big of an opportunity, I think this fight's gonna change the world and I turn all my L's into W's.

"That's the motto I live by, the universe makes no mistakes so let's see what's in store, but sorry this didn't work out to everyone, the fans, love you guys."

Advert

Tyson recently needed paramedics to come onto a plane he was on after an 'ulcer flare up'. (Cooper Neill/Getty Images for Netflix)
Tyson recently needed paramedics to come onto a plane he was on after an 'ulcer flare up'. (Cooper Neill/Getty Images for Netflix)

Just days ago, Tyson had been feeling 'nauseous and dizzy' on a flight, with staff asking whether there was a doctor on board to help and paramedics boarding the plane after it landed in Los Angeles.

His representatives confirmed this was 'due to an ulcer flare up'.

At the end of the day, the boxer's health is paramount as the fight is going to pit Mike Tyson, who for all his reputation in boxing will be a 58-year-old man when he gets into the ring, against a 27-year-old opponent.

In a statement, Tyson said: “I want to thank my fans around the world for their support and understanding during this time. Unfortunately, due to my ulcer flareup, I have been advised by my doctor to lighten my training for a few weeks to rest and recover.

Advert

“My body is in better overall shape than it has been since the 1990s and I will be back to my full training schedule soon. Jake Paul, this may have bought you some time, but in the end you will still be knocked out and out of boxing for good.

“I appreciate everyone’s patience and can't wait to deliver an unforgettable performance later this year.”

Featured Image Credit: X/@jakepaul/Cooper Neill/Getty Images for Netflix

Topics: Boxing, Jake Paul, Mike Tyson, Netflix, Social Media, Sport

Joe Harker
Joe Harker

Joe graduated from the University of Salford with a degree in Journalism and worked for Reach before joining the LADbible Group. When not writing he enjoys the nerdier things in life like painting wargaming miniatures and chatting with other nerds on the internet. He's also spent a few years coaching fencing. Contact him via [email protected]

X

@MrJoeHarker

Advert

Advert

Advert

  • Jake Paul issues apology over Mike Tyson win as he explains the fight 'was just different'
  • Jake Paul issues message to Mike Tyson after Netflix boxing fight win as he speaks out
  • Mike Tyson makes startling admission weeks after Jake Paul fight on Netflix
  • Jake Paul and Mike Tyson have both been suspended following Netflix boxing fight

Choose your content:

4 hours ago
5 hours ago
6 hours ago
  • LinkedInLinkedIn
    4 hours ago

    Nurse awarded £25,000 after colleague rolled her eyes at her

    The non-verbal eye-roll gesture can class as workplace bullying

    News
  • CBS NewsCBS News
    4 hours ago

    Heartwarming act after homeless man handed in $10,000 cheque he found on street

    Elmer Alvarez's life was changed after he committed one act of kindness

    News
  • Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLCJeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC
    5 hours ago

    Dana White confirms White House UFC event 'is on' despite people calling out 'trashy' event

    White and Trump have promised a different type of event for the 4th of July

    News
  • USTAUSTA
    6 hours ago

    Heartwarming ending to viral video of shocking moment between man and child at tennis match

    Kamil Majchrzak responded after the match, and fans are pleased with the outcome

    News