A family has been forced to barricade themselves in their own home after a huge swarm of wasps invaded their garden. Watch footage below:
Footage shows a s**tload of the insects flying around the house in Salford, Greater Manchester, and it's got so bad the unfortunate inhabitants are too scared to leave.
Julie, whose daughter lives in the affected house, told the Manchester Evening News: "They've been there for a couple of days but it's getting worse and worse. There's swarms of them.
"My daughter and her neighbours have had to lock their windows and doors. They can't come out, they can't let their children out."
It is thought the wasps have made a nest in the loft of the property, and the family believe the wasps pose a serious threat to their safety.
Julie's son, Kieron, said they have tried to get professionals in to sort the problem but have been unable to thus far.
He said: "They're starting to come into the kitchen, they're in the garden, the street, you can't even go near the door because there's that many.
"I've been on the internet and apparently if they sting you, they leave a scent in you and then they all come for you because they protect the queen.
"If you get stung, it can be fatal because your body can take a bad turn, so it's dangerous."
He continued: "They keep going in this little hole that goes in the loft so we think the hive must be in there but we've rang four different people and no one's answering. We're a bit stuck, we don't know what to do.
"I don't know if it's because it's the weekend but I don't know if it's even safe to leave that for another couple of days because there's four kids in there. It's madness."
Wasps can indeed be dangerous, and earlier this week a woman in Spain was killed after she was stung by one of the creatures.
Ingrid Dale had been eating at a Costa Blanca restaurant at the time, and despite paramedics performing CPR, she died at the scene at 3pm local time on Monday (9 May).
The 67-year-old was dining at the Hill Top pub in Moraira, just north of popular holiday resort Benidorm.
The British expat was with family and friends at the time.
A Civil Guard spokesman confirmed: "Officers attended the restaurant where the incident occurred after a British woman aged 67 was stung by a wasp.
"She was being assisted by emergency medical responders on the restaurant terrace when they arrived.
"She was subsequently transferred to an ambulance where she died after going into cardiac arrest. A doctor certified her dead around 3pm local time."