Tyson Fury Responds To Video Of Ex-British Boxer Julius Francis Knocking Out Man
| Last updated
Francis, 57, who fought Mike Tyson back in 2000, now works as a security guard at Boxpark in Wembley.
Footage of the scary incident shows the former boxer knocking out a man wearing a blue durag.
It seems the man in the durag had been screaming at Boxpark staff, and Francis had seemingly had enough.
Well, the current WBC heavyweight champ Fury has had his say on the incident after chatting on Piers Morgan Uncensored.
The Gypsy King appeared to side with the security guard and said: "I saw the video, great right hand by the way.
"This is what happens when you're cheeky, rude, getting in people's faces.
"What do you expect? If you keep kicking a dog it's going to bite you, isn't it?
"These guys are doing their job, this guy's probably pissed off or whatever, he's attacking, so he's been chinned. It's a life lesson.
"Never go out and be cheeky to big men because you're probably gonna get chinned."
Following the incident, the Metropolitan Police, who launched an investigation, said the case has now been dropped.
In a statement, the Met said: “We are aware of footage circulating on social media showing an incident involving security staff and a member of the public outside Boxpark in Wembley.
“The incident took place shortly after 17.00hrs on Saturday 11 June. Officers were called and attended the venue.
“A group had been ejected and one male customer had become involved in a confrontation with security staff.
“Officers have spoken to all parties involved and have reviewed relevant CCTV. No further action will be taken in relation to the incident involving the security guard and male customer.”
Meanwhile, Boxpark CEO Roger Wade has said he ‘stands with’ his employee.
In a post on LinkedIn, he wrote: "Woke up to a viral story about one of our security team.
"Julius Francis, is ex UK heavyweight boxing champion, he is one of the nicest people I have ever met and helps train young underprivileged kids boxing in his spare time.
"My understanding is that Julius and our security team spent 15 minutes stopping this man and his friends from abusing, spitting and hitting our customers and staff."
Wade’s comments followed an official statement from a Boxpark spokesperson who told LADbible: "Our team are aware of footage being shared online.
"This incident is currently under review and part of an ongoing investigation, and therefore we are unable to comment further on the incident at this time.
"We would like to stress that the safety and welfare of our customers and our staff is our number one priority."