
Presenter Alex Scott became emotional in the final broadcast of long running football commentary show Football Focus.
Back in April it was confirmed that the show would be coming to an end after some 50 years on the air, including almost 2,000 episodes.
In a statement at the time, the BBC said that it had made the decision to cancel the show due to 'changing audience behaviours'.
It added that main host Scott will 'remain at the heart of BBC Sport’s football coverage and biggest sporting moments', and will be very much involved in the FIFA World Cup, as well as the 2027 FIFA Women's World Cup, and coverage of the Women's Super League.
Advert
But while there's clearly a lot to look forward, Scott bid an emotional goodbye on the programme, joined by some of its previous stars since it first began back in 1974.

During the TV show's final episode, Garth Crooks presented Scott with a gift, which was a picture of her and Bob Wilson signed by Wilson, who presented Football Focus for some 20 years from 1974 to 1994, meaning it was of the programme's first and last presenters.
Scott appeared visibly emotional at the gift, saying: "That's got me. "Thank you, Garth, for being here today."
She then spoke up about the proud history of the show, saying: "For 52 years, this show has done one thing. Week in, week out, it's brought football into your Saturday afternoons."
Scott continued: "Whether it was Bob Wilson in 1974 or any of the brilliant people who sat in this chair after him, the thing that never changed was you, the fans. You were always there.
"I won't pretend this isn't hard, as you can see, but what I know is the football doesn't stop, the stories don't stop, the goals don't stop, the drama, the heartbreak, the magic. None of that stops. It just finds a new home.
"So from everyone who has ever worked on Football Focus, the presenters, the producers, the cameras, the crews and the pundits, everyone, thank you.

"Thank you for making Saturday lunchtime something to look forward to. It's been an honour. This is Football Focus for the very last time."
Explaining its decision to axe the programme, the BBC previously said in a statement: "Following extensive consideration, BBC Sport has decided to say goodbye to Football Focus at the end of this season. First broadcast in 1974, Football Focus is a testament to the brilliant team who have worked on it over the years and, of course, the audience.
"The programme has been a staple of the BBC’s football coverage for decades, providing fans with interviews, analysis and stories from across the game ahead of the weekend’s fixtures.
"But changing audience behaviours mean fans are now increasingly consuming football content in different ways and we need to respond appropriately as we face difficult decisions around how the licence fee is spent."