
The three sisters found dead off Brighton beach tragically lost their mother in a drowning accident, their grief-stricken loved ones have revealed.
The bodies of Jane Adetoro, 36, Christina Walters, 32, and Rebecca Walters, 31, were sadly hauled from the sea on 13 May, hours after they had arrived in the seaside resort.
Sussex Police rushed to the scene off Black Rock beach near Brighton Marina before dawn and made the tragic discovery after concerns were raised for a person's welfare.
The circumstances around the deaths of the sisters, who hailed from the Uxbridge area of London, currently remain unclear and investigators are still working to establish their cause of death.
Advert
Cops said there is currently no evidence 'to suggest third-party involvement or criminality', despite theories about the incident running rampant on social media.
After the father of Jane, Christina and Rebecca paid tribute to his 'beloved daughters' earlier this week and spoke of his 'unbearable' grief, another relative has now spoken out.

Their aunt, Ajike Adetoro, has called for online sleuths to stop speculating about the tragic incident, while she also dispelled a string of 'disturbing' rumours about what may have taken place.
The family of the three sisters explained that they were unaware that the women were travelling to Brighton on that fateful day, but suspect they could have possibly been paying tribute to their late mother Janice.
She died in 2010 after drowning in Birmingham - making the 'earth-shattering' news of the passings of accountant Jane, Brunel University graduate Christina and Rebecca - 'the baby who was very mischievous' - even more heartrending.
Ajike told The Times of the family's anguish: "We are not speculating, but the girls were totally happy in the weeks and months before it happened and it was totally unexpected."
She described the siblings as 'the closest sisters and best friends who did everything together', saying they were 'happy girls' who kept in touch with their dad Joseph on a daily basis.
Their aunt also explained she has 'had to stop looking' online amid the ongoing discussion surrounding the sisters' deaths, before she then revealed the toll that 'conspiracies' have been taking on their family.
Theories are 'doing more harm than good'
"The most disturbing part for us is the conspiracies," Ajike said. "We’ve heard people jump to conclusions that it was a racist attack, a murder, that they were clubbing...the most absurd messages. It is all wrong.
"We’ve got to speak out in order to clarify this whole situation. These girls would not drink alcohol or smoke. They never went clubbing. They didn’t even have social media.
"They were their father’s world. He has to sort the funeral for three of them."
"That’s the sad thing in all of this," Ajike continued. "There is no compassion shown towards the three girls and their memory of how we know they would like to be remembered.
“[Social media] is throwing almost shade on everything they’ve stood for because they prided themselves on being the exception to the rule in not being wild...because that’s the way their mum would have wanted them to have turned out.
"It’s sad. [The conspiracies] are doing the family more harm than good."

She explained that the family used AI to mock up a picture of the sisters from old photographs, as they did not have a recent snap of Jane, Christina and Rebecca together.
"We just wanted AI to put it together and make it look good, all three of them together," Ajike added.
Sussex Police have been combing through hundreds of hours of CCTV footage while making a host of inquiries in the area to try and piece together the sisters' final movements.
Anyone with information is asked to come forward, particularly anyone who saw the sisters around the Madeira Drive area between 10pm on 12 May 12 and 5.30am 13 May.
Chief Superintendent Adam Hays has said the force 'will leave no stone unturned' in the investigation to understand what led to the 'tragic events of that Wednesday morning'.
A fundraiser has been set up by Joseph's brother, Adesoji Adetoro, to raise money for the funerals of Jane, Christina and Rebecca. At the time of writing, the GoFundMe had acquired nearly £30,000 in donations.
"As a family, we are still struggling to come to terms with what has happened," a post on the fundraiser said.

"The girls had so much life ahead of them, and their loss has left a pain and emptiness in our hearts that words cannot describe. No parent should ever have to bury their child, let alone all three."
Their father Joseph previously paid tribute to his three daughters 'whose lives ended so tragically far too soon'.
He said there are days when the grief feels 'unbearable' but he holds onto the memories they shared and 'the bond that death can never take away'.
A statement said: "No words can truly describe the pain of losing three daughters in the prime of their lives.
"Jane, Christina, and Becky were more than daughters to me; they were my joy, my strength, and the beautiful light that filled our family with happiness and love.
"Each of you was unique and precious in your own special way. Your smiles brightened dark days, your laughter brought comfort, and your presence made life more meaningful.
"Though your time on earth was short, the impact you made will remain in our hearts forever."
Anyone with information can contact police online or via 101 quoting Operation Ledmore, serial 438 of 20/05.