ladbible homepage
ladbible homepage
  • Home
  • News
    • UK
    • US
    • World
    • Ireland
    • Australia
    • Science
    • Crime
    • Weather
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • TV
    • Film
    • Music
    • Gaming
    • Netflix
    • Disney
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • Money
  • Originals
    • FFS PRODUCTIONS
    • Say Maaate to a Mate
    • Daily Ladness
    • UOKM8?
    • FreeToBe
    • Citizen Reef
  • Videos
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • SPORTbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Roy Keane and Micah Richards filmed in confrontation with fan after Arsenal vs Manchester United
Home>News>UK News
Updated 07:46 4 Sep 2023 GMT+1Published 07:31 4 Sep 2023 GMT+1

Roy Keane and Micah Richards filmed in confrontation with fan after Arsenal vs Manchester United

A short clip of Roy Keane and Micah Richards in an apparent confrontation has been shared widely online

Dominic Smithers

Dominic Smithers

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Roy Keane and Micah Richards were seen in a confrontation after Manchester United's match with Arsenal.

The former Premier League players were covering the game as pundits for Sky Sports yesterday (3 September).

However, after the match, there appears to have been an incident at the Emirates stadium in London, where it had been played.

Footage shared on social media shows ex-Manchester City defender Richards grabbing hold of another man's shirt.

Advert

In the very short clip, Keane, who is standing beside Richards, is also seen speaking to the individual.

In the video, Micah Richards is seen grabbing hold of another man.
Twitter

It's not clear what sparked the apparent confrontation, or what happened after, but the police have now confirmed they have launched an investigation.

In a statement, the Metropolitan Police said it was looking into the matter, and that there had been no arrests as yet.

"Police are investigating following an assault that is alleged to have occurred at the Emirates Stadium during an Arsenal v Manchester United match on Sunday, 3 September," a spokesperson for the force said.

Sky Sports also released a statement after the footage began doing the rounds on social media.

The broadcaster defended Richards, claiming he was trying to calm the situation down.

A spokesperson said: "We understand the police are investigating an alleged assault by a member of the public immediately preceding the footage circulating on social media.

"In the footage seen, Micah Richards was acting to diffuse a situation."

LADbible has contacted the Met Police for further comment.

Roya Keane was also involved in the incident.
Twitter

Keane and Richards were part of the SkySports team covering United's clash with Arsenal, working alongside Gary Neville, Theo Walcott, and presenter David Jones.

The match was a pretty cagey affair, with Marcus Rashford putting United 1-0 up in the first half with a great strike.

However, just a minute after he netted the opener, Arsenal midfielder Martin Odegaard scored to put the two sides level again.

United thought they had won the match late on, with new signing Rasmus Hojlund putting Alejandro Garncho through against the keeper.

However, a VAR check revealed that the break away was offside, and the goal was ruled out.

Minutes later, Arsenal went 2-1 up with a goal from Declan Rice before striker Gabriel Jesus rounded things off for the Gunners.

The win puts Arsenal in fifth spot, while United fall down to 11th spot, having won two and lot two of their opening four fixtures.

Featured Image Credit: Twitter/sjayy24s

Topics: Sport, UK News, Crime, Football

Dominic Smithers
Dominic Smithers

Dominic Smithers is LADbible's Editorial Lead. After graduating from the University of Leeds with a degree in French and History, he went on to write for the Manchester Evening News, the Accrington Observer and the Macclesfield Express. So as you can imagine, he’s spent many a night wondering just how useful that second language has been. But c'est la vie.

X

@SmithersDom

Recommended reads

‘Most powerful weight-loss jab ever’ that outperforms Wegovy and Mounjaro shows insane resultsGetty Stock ImagesDanny Dyer goes full-frontal nude in X-rated new Rivals episodeDisneyMum of three sisters who died in Brighton beach tragedy also died of drowningPAEngland fans risk deportation at World Cup if they break bizarre US law which doesn't exist in UKStu Forster/Getty Images

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
4 hours ago
  • PA
    an hour ago

    Mum of three sisters who died in Brighton beach tragedy also died of drowning

    Jane Adetoro, 36, Christina Walters, 32, and Rebecca Walters, 31, were found dead on 13 May

    News
  • Carl Recine/Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    England World Cup squad announced as Harry Maguire and five more huge stars miss out

    Thomas Tuchel has announced his 2026 World Cup squad

    News
  • Facebook
    3 hours ago

    Disturbing reason Chris Watts keeps photos of his murdered wife and daughters in his prison cell

    Chris Watts revealed how he 'talks to' the photos of his pregnant wife and two daughters, who he killed in 2018, from his cell

    News
  • Instagram
    4 hours ago

    Hero Maldives rescue diver shares chilling ‘shark cave’ details as he rejects leading theory over deaths

    Five Italian divers died at an underwater cave in the Maldives last Thursday

    News
  • Micah Richards speaks for first time after man is arrested for Roy Keane 'headbutt'
  • Ex-England footballer Andy Carroll faces possible jail after breaching non-molestation order
  • Leeds fan jailed for attacking Newcastle manager Eddie Howe on pitch
  • Fans Give Tribute To Ronaldo's Son In 7th Minute Of Manchester United Vs Liverpool Game