To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Investigation launched into how doctor died after eating at Disney World restaurant

Investigation launched into how doctor died after eating at Disney World restaurant

Her husband has launched a lawsuit

The husband of a doctor who died at Disney World has alleged that his wife had an allergic reaction after eating at a restaurant in the Florida park.

NBC reports that Jeffrey J. Piccolo has filed a lawsuit in which he claims that his wife, Dr Kanokporn Tangsuan, died of an allergic reaction, and accused the restaurant where she ate of negligence.

On 5 October last year, Dr Tangsuan was eating at the Raglan Road Irish Pub at Disney World's Disney Springs area along with her husband and her mother.

They had chosen the restaurant as they believed it could accommodate her allergies, and the lawsuit alleges that they were told they could get menu items allergen-free if they asked for it.

The 42-year-old New York doctor died that night of anaphylaxis, a severe allergic reaction, according to an autopsy report cited in the lawsuit.

The lawsuit claimed the doctor had an allergic reaction after eating at the Raglan Road Pub at Disney World.

The legal documents filed on behalf of the doctor's husband allege that they were told by their server that foods could be made allergen-free, and were told 'unequivocally' after asking several times that this would be the case.

Ordering the 'Sure I’m Frittered', 'Scallop Forest', 'This Shepherd Went Vegan' and 'Onion Rings' dishes from the menu, some of them arrived without 'allergen-free flags' which prompted the couple to inquire again.

The legal documents alleged that they received the same answer from their server once again when they asked.

It then describes the couple splitting up at around 8pm as Piccolo went back to their hotel room and Dr Tangsuan stayed out to go shopping.

The court document says that at around 8:45pm she started having trouble breathing, went into a nearby restaurant and collapsed due to 'severe acute allergic reaction to the food served at Raglan'.

The doctor's husband alleges multiple counts of negligence against Disney Parks and Resorts, and the restaurant where they were eating.
Roberto Machado Noa/LightRocket via Getty Images

She attempted to stop her allergic response with an EpiPen and was taken to hospital.

When her husband tried to call her, the lawsuit alleges that a bystander answered his wife's phone and told Piccolo what had happened.

When he reached the hospital he had been told that his wife had died, with the complaint saying that according to her autopsy she had elevated levels of dairy and nut in her system and that her death was an accident.

The lawsuit names Disney Parks and Resorts and the Raglan Road Irish Pub as defendants, alleging multiple counts of negligence and seeking over $50,000 (£39,000) in damages.

LADbible has contacted Disney Parks and Resorts for comment.

Featured Image Credit: Vajiradhammapadip Temple Ltd./Facebook/Roberto Machado Noa/LightRocket via Getty Images

Topics: US News, Disneyland