A woman has given what seems like the entire internet the ick after posting a TikTok of her opening up a packet of raw salmon on the bus and just eating it.
While normally it helps to adopt a 'you do you' approach to these sorts of things, we should probably point out that eating raw fish, unless it's sushi or sashimi is really dangerous, and also please don't run with scissors.
We really can't stress enough that eating raw meat and fish is a bad idea, and the reason stuff like sushi is much safer to eat is because of the way it's been treated since being caught, so just eating some fish you bought raw out of the packaging isn't a good idea.
However, that's exactly what Aggie Day did as she filmed herself cracking open the pack of salmon and sinking her teeth into the raw fish.
She posted the video to TikTok asking viewers 'anyone else or am I a wrongen', and according to the internet's reaction, most are really not on her side here.
The internet's reaction was one of almost universal disgust, with plenty of people urging her to 'get some worm tablets asap' in case she'd eaten food infested with parasites, which would normally be killed off by cooking the fish.
One person branded it 'minging', as a second advised her to 'make sure you worm yourself frequently' and a third dubbed her 'Salmon Ella'.
Others said they 'love salmon but this is a bit far', while plenty more pointed out that if she wanted to eat raw salmon. there was a different type she could buy which was safe to eat.
Someone else joked that she'd be 'eating chicken breast raw tune in next week'.
However, among all the comments expressing their disgust and concern, there were a few who admitted they also ate raw salmon right out of the packet, so Aggie isn't completely alone in her salmon-snacking habits.
While the response to the video was almost universal disgust, Aggie told The Independent she'd 'posted it as a laugh' and while she'd eaten raw salmon before, it wasn't one of her regular meals.
She also reassured people she was aware that eating raw salmon right out of the packet was unhealthy, though apparently the potential for fun outweighed the risks of food poisoning in this case.
All in all it's a very unhygienic thing to do, especially considering it was done on the bus as well.
Buses are not the most hygienic of places in the first place, with plenty of them absolutely filthy and using clever tricks to hide much of the grime from prying eyes.
Featured Image Credit: TikTok/@aggiedayx
Topics: Weird, TikTok, Food And Drink