Fans Say Prince George Got 'Education In Australian English' After Nick Kyrgios Dropped F-Bomb At Wimbledon
| Last updated
Controversial tennis star Nick Kyrgios dropped the F-bomb (more than once) in front of Prince George at the Wimbledon men’s final.
Well, that’s one way to be thrust into Australian culture.
While playing against Novak Djokovic, the 27-year-old Ausie star was seeing red.
He frequently screamed out expletives and cussed out his player box for their lack of energy, according to news.com.au.
While Kyrgios is known for an outburst or two during a match, it’s a rarity that they happen in front of the young Prince George, who looked on in horror.
Here’s hoping he doesn’t spray mummy and daddy with some colourful language at the palace after witnessing the tennis star in full throttle.
Of course, the internet was in hysterics over the awkward moment, as one user wrote: “Prince George asking his Mother Catherine about the meaning of those 20 different swear words Nick Kyrgios using while playing against Novak Djokovic in Wimbledon finals!”
Another commented: “Prince George getting a whole new vocabulary list today! If only Prince Louis were there he’d cover George’s ears up! That or he’d just shout right back at @NickKyrgios.”
A third person said: “Nick Kyrgios has probably taught Prince George a few new words today.”
Kyrgios is really giving Prince George an education in Australian English 😂😬 #Wimbledon— Clarissa Phillips (@clarissap83) July 10, 2022
Nick Kyrgios dropping F-bombs in front of Prince George is hilarious to me.— Ryan Gaydos (@Gaydos_) July 10, 2022
While another wrote: “Mainly here for the dichotomy between Nick Kyrgios and Prince George.”
Ah kid, welcome to the real world.
Djokovic went on to defeat Kyrgios in four sets 4-6, 6-3, 6-4, 7-6 (7-3), earning him his 21st grand slam title.
Kyrgios also received a $5,800 (USD $3,958 or £3,302) fine for ‘audible obscenity’.
The Guardian reports that after the match, when asked if he needed to improve his behaviour on the court, the tennis star answered: “I think the other 126 players in the draw could improve their composure.
“But at times out there, obviously I was getting angry a bit because I just looked at it as, you win this tournament, you become the tennis immortal.”
Kyrgios has also made headlines for allegations of abusive behaviour off the court earlier this month.
The athlete is set to appear in a Canberra court next month after being charged with assault by his ex-girlfriend, Chiara Passari, according to The Canberra Times.
Kyrgios’ Barrister Jason Moffett said of the charge to the outlet: "It's in the context of a domestic relationship.”
He added: "The nature of the allegation is serious, and Mr Kyrgios takes the allegation very seriously.”
Featured Image Credit: UPI/Alamy Live News. Frank Molter/dpa/Alamy Live News
Topics: News, Royal Family, Sport, Wimbledon, Australia