Peaky Blinders Season 5 'Has Started Filming'
Good news for fans of the hit BBC drama Peaky Blinders. There's a chance that it might be back sooner than we had expected, after a Cillian Murphy fan account on social media suggested that they've just started filming Season 5.
The account, which has 255,000 followers, posted a picture of Murphy in full Tommy Shelby costume with the caption: "PEAKY NEWS! S5 filming starts tomorrow, Sept 17. The series is expected to air in Spring 2019 on BBC1."
Admittedly, that's not a full confirmation, but there have been suggestions that season 5 was due to commence shooting in Autumn 2018, including an interview that creator Steven Knight gave to Birmingham Live earlier this year.
Season 5 will see the show move into the 1930s, and there are already a few things to sort out. Is Alfie Solomons (Tom Hardy) really dead? Will Tommy and the Shelby Company Limited go legit? Will anyone in Birmingham ever just have a decent wash?
What we do know is that we are entering the end of the show. Knight has said in several interviews that he intended to wrap the show up before the beginning of the Second World War.
Knight said: "My ambition is to make it a story of a family between two wars, so always I've wanted to end it with the first air raid siren in Birmingham in 1939. It'll take three more series [to reach that point],"
Knight has been consistently tight-lipped about whether Grace and Alfie are really dead - although Alfie certainly looked it when we last saw him - but he has spoken out about one particular plot detail of Season 5.
More Like ThisMore Like This
Al Capone isn't making an appearance.
Knight said: "There's not going to be any Al Capone. There isn't, there really isn't,". He did however confirm: "Series five will have a lot of (big-name guest stars), I think."
One more thing we do know is that the next series will make the big jump across channels to BBC One. BBC Director of Content Charlotte Moore: "Peaky Blinders is world class drama at the top of its game and the time has arrived for it to move to the UK's biggest channel.
"Steven Knight's epic storytelling is authentic and utterly compelling, and I want to give it the chance to be enjoyed by an even broader audience on BBC One.
"We couldn't have asked for a better response to series four and the impact it had with young audiences.
"This move will also give BBC Two more creative headroom to experiment with new drama."
Expect more details to leak out as the hype builds for the coming season.
Featured Image Credit: BBC
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read