You may have heard about the infamous Oscars goodie bags, which are often filled with freebies that are not only utterly ridiculous (complementary Botox, anyone?) but also collectively worth thousands.
This year’s are just as lavish, as they include everything from silk pillowcases and luxury skincare products to actual plots of land and, um, facelifts - altogether valued at a whopping price tag.
One of the biggest freebies for the celebs this year includes a plot of land in Australia through Pieces of Australia’s ‘Aussie Mate’ conservation packages, which will see stars given their very own square metre of land on the brand’s ‘Envirocean Estate’ in the Western Downs region of Queensland.
The ‘Everyone Wins’ gift bags, which are unaffiliated with the Academy, are sent out to acting and directing nominees each year by LA-based ‘niche marketing company’ Distinctive Assets, with brands tending to pay $4,000 to secure a spot.
The complete bag is worth around $126,000 (£106,000).
Distinctive Assets founder Lash Fary – who is also known as the ‘sultan of swag’ - said in a press release: "We are excited and proud to once again be creating what is known worldwide as the ultimate swag bag.
"While our gifts may be famous for being fun, fabulous, useful and unique, they also serve a grander purpose.
“Most of the brands we include are from a diverse and inclusive array of small businesses who meaningfully benefit from the global exposure that being associated with Hollywood’s Biggest Night affords them.
“This is celebrity marketing with a mission.”
So, what’s inside?
Celebs will receive a dizzying spread of ultra premium tequila, gourmet dates and artisanal Japanese milk bread, which they can chow down on while planning their getaway to a luxury lighthouse on an Italian island.
The full set of gifts includes:
- Plots of land in Australia from Pieces of Australia
- Canadian escape at The Lifestyle 10-acre estate (reportedly worth $40,000 alone)
- Faro Punta Imperatore Lighthouse Italian island vacation hideaway
- Comprehensive hair restoration services from Bauman Medical
- Facial rejuvenation procedures from Dr. Konstantin Vasyukevich
- Art Lipo body sculpting
- Full line of Miage transformative skincare products
- ēcōMD clean conscious Vegan Retinol
- Havaianas colourful ‘beach getaway’ flip flops and luggage combo
- Curated gift set of hand-harvested gourmet dates from Bateel
- Antigua Cruz Añejo Cristalino Tequila 100% Pure Agave
- Chocolate box with a personalized video embedded inside from M Cacao Expressio
- Artisanal Japanese milk bread from Ginza Nishikawa shokupan
- C60 Sexy edible massage oil by C60 Purple Power
- Ysidro sophisticated sparkling canned sake spritz
- ReFa HEART Brush and ReFa FINE BUBBLE S beauty showerhead
- Invisible adhesive shoe cushions from The Footcloud
- The Photo Shoot Kit by The Rescue Kit Company
- Upminders LRU (Love, Respect, Unity) medallion
- Jo Bowlby’s A Book for Life with shaman reading
- Reflect ultimate mental health orb
Fary added: “While this gift bag does, as always, have an impressive value, that is neither our focus nor goal. This is a straightforward win/win.
“These nominees are in a unique position to help participating brands immeasurably by simply wearing, using and talking about these products. Marketing and advertising can and must co-exist with the ever-present reporting of bad news globally. This isn’t frivolity; it is basic economics.”