• Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • LAD Originals

U OK M8?
Free To Be
Extinct
Citizen Reef

To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Not now
OK

Conor McGregor's £2 Million Pub Targeted In Petrol Bomb Attack

Dominic Smithers

Published 
| Last updated 

Conor McGregor's £2 Million Pub Targeted In Petrol Bomb Attack

Featured Image Credit: Instagram/@thenotoriousmma

Conor McGregor's £2 million pub has reportedly been targeted in a petrol bomb attack.

The UFC fighter opened the swanky boozer in Dublin, Ireland, last year and regularly posts about it on his social media channels.

However, according to sources close to the 33-year-old, the Black Forge Inn was the subject of an attack on Wednesday night.

It's understood that two individuals on scooters were seen driving towards the pub, which was closed at the time, shortly before the incident is said to have happened.

McGregor had been at the venue earlier that night to host an event.

A source told Dublin Live: "There was two people allegedly spotted on scooters who passed the establishment at the time and next thing they were being chased by two others who had come out of the property.

"McGregor had been holding a taste testing menu in the pub at the same time so the alleged attackers may have assumed he was inside."

Fortunately, the police told the publication that the pub was not damaged, but they are appealing for witnesses.

A spokesperson said: "Gardai are investigating an incident of attempted criminal damage at a licenced premises on the Drimnagh Road last night, Wednesday 12th January 2022.

"No damage was done to the premises.

"Gardai are appealing for witnesses in relation to this incident is asked to contact Gardai.

"Gardai are particularly keen for anyone with camera footage from the area overnight to make this available to them. 

"Anyone with any information is asked to contact Crumlin Garda station on 01 666 2000, the Garda Confidential Line on 1800 666 111 or any Garda station."

McGregor hasn't competed in the UFC since he broke his ankle in his third fight with Dustin Poirier last year but it hasn't stopped him from working out, with the fighter continuing to spend hours in the gym.

And after bulking to 190lb, he has been told to expect a visit from drug testers ‘real soon’.

American podcaster and commentator, Joe Rogan, joked that the mixed martial artist should be expecting an appearance from the UFC’s anti-doping program, USADA, after his rapid bulk following a leg injury back in summer.

During his UFC 264 trilogy against Poirier, the two-weight champ broke his tibia and has since made a considerable weight after being restricted to only weight training for several months now the under orders that he needed to let the damaged leg heal through time.

The former champ recently posted photos of himself at the gym, with a caption claiming that he was '190lbs of granite', which has since captured the attention of the internet.

The photos of McGregor also clearly caught the attention of Rogan, 54, who has jokingly warned McGregor of an expected visit from UFC drug testers.

Topics: Ireland, Conor McGregor, UFC, Sport

Dominic Smithers
More like this

Chosen for YouChosen for You

News

Martin Lewis’ urgent advice to UK households days before energy price hike

20 minutes ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

King's Guard has little girl running away in terror after shouting 'stand clear'

11 hours ago