Advert

Conor McGregor Fighting In Charity Wheelchair Boxing Match Following Leg Break

Published 
| Last updated 

Conor McGregor Fighting In Charity Wheelchair Boxing Match Following Leg Break

Conor McGregor has confirmed he will be taking part in a charity boxing match as he continues his recovery from a horrific leg break.

The Notorious has been ruled out of the Octagon for the time being, having sustained the grisly injury during the first round of his trilogy bout against Dustin Poirier in July - but that won't stop the Irishman from fighting.

McGregor is recovering from a bad leg break. Credit: Alamy
McGregor is recovering from a bad leg break. Credit: Alamy

The 33-year-old said he would be boxing impressionist Al Foran, with proceeds going to the Irish Wheelchair Association.

Advert

He tweeted yesterday (Sunday 7 November): "Today we start preparation for my wheelchair boxing match in aid of @IrishWheelchair.

"Real excited to get in and have some fun/bust the eyeball of celebrity impersonator, Al Foran.

"Al you can be Pacino! Joe Pesci! Even big TyFury! But you still just fat Al from Tallaght to me."

Advert

As for when we'll see McGregor back competing in the UFC, that remains to be seen.

However, his manager Audie Attar said his recovery is way ahead of schedule.

Speaking to SunSport last month, he said: "He's ahead of schedule.

"We not only just got our X-ray results [back], [we got] our ultrasound results and CT scan results.

Advert

"And when I look at the view of the X-ray myself, it's healing so beautifully. He's only 10-and-a-half weeks out of surgery and he's walking.

"And he's actually doing s*** that we don't want him to do like throwing the first pitch at the Cubs game."

He added: "He's so competitive, man. He's like, 'I'm not thinking about the UFC. Whatever. I'm not thinking about fighting. But I'm gonna get back there.'

Advert

"So if the first pitch is any indication of what may happen, God willing the healing process continues on a straight path, he's gonna come out there and want to continue to compete.

"Because he wants to leave on his own terms. Not on the terms that he's been dealt in his last fight."

Featured Image Credit: Twitter/Conor McGregor

Topics: SPORT, Conor Mcgregor, Boxing

Jake Massey
More like this
Advert
Advert
Advert

Chosen for YouChosen for You

Entertainment

Jeremy Clarkson Shares Advert For New Beer That Was 'Too Offensive' For TV

a day ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

News

Michigan School Shooter's Fugitive Parents Caught After Going On The Run

an hour ago