A bloke was left horrified after tucking into a minced beef and onion pie only to discover a tooth inside.
Adam Young, 36, was eating the Fray Bentos pie last Wednesday (6 July) when he found an unexpected addition in the form of a tooth.
The grim discovery initially had Adam checking his own gnashers, but soon realised they were all present and correct.
The dad-of-one said: “I felt something really hard in my mouth. It was like crunching a stone, but when I spat it out onto my plate I could see it was a tooth.
“The first thing I did was to double-check my own teeth, but they were all intact.
“I've looked on the internet and I think it might be from a young cow. I certainly didn't expect to find anything like that in my pie."
Adam has since reached out to the company as he’s concerned that there could be more pies with teeth lurking under the flaky pastry.
The company has since told Adam, from Sheerness in Kent, to send the tooth in so it can undergo testing.
He added: "I wanted to warn them in case they needed to take all their other tins off the shelves.
“I don't want anyone else finding a tooth. They might choke on it and die."
Adam, who works as a part-time weatherman, said he’s hoping the company will be able to find out how the tooth got inside the pie.
He admitted: "I was thinking of putting it under my pillow to see what the tooth fairy might bring me, but from now on, I'm sticking with salads."
A spokesperson for Fray Bentos said: "Quality is extremely important to us and we take all customer concerns seriously.
"We can confirm that we have been in contact with Mr Young and have requested that some details along with the foreign object be sent to us to ensure we can investigate this matter thoroughly.”
Last week, a woman was left shocked after biting into her Greggs’ sausage roll and finding a missing molar.
Liz Morgan nipped into her local Greggs in Eastbourne but after digging in found an extra ingredient she wasn’t keen on.
She said: “I was chewing it and I felt something hard. It wasn’t like gristle so I took it out and, God, there it was – a tooth.
“I don’t know if it was a porker or whether it’s human. Probably a pig’s would’ve been safer.”
Featured Image Credit: SWNS
Topics: UK News, Food And Drink