The common yet confusing button found in almost every car is something that many of us drivers have never known what to do with...until now.
TikToker @megansbubble has gone viral for stunning motorists with her video: "Car tips and tricks. I bet you didn't know what this car button is actually used for."
As shown in the clip above, the TikToker points to the 'air recirculation button' - the one with an arrow inside a car.
Megan said: "Essentially what it's going to do for you, it means that you are recirculating the air inside the car.
"So if it's extraordinarily hot inside of your car when you first get in you want to turn this off so that you suck in the outside air.
"If you're sitting in front of other cars where you'll be getting all the exhaust fumes sucked into your car, you use this button so that the air inside your car recirculates and you don't suck in all that bad air."
Well, it turns out that those unaware of the button could be saving on your bills, as AA spokesperson, Luke Bosdet explained: "If you don’t know what the recirculation button does and have been blasting the air con to try to cool passengers on the back seat, you’ve been missing a trick and paying for it."
Anyway, the viral vid sparked a big reaction from viewers, with one person writing: "I literally just leave it on all the time I have no clue what it does."
"I thought it was pumping air throughout the car," a second person added.
While someone else explained: "It basically recycles the air in the car instead of using outside air. It uses less power and is better for keeping the car warm or cool."
Another joked: "Actually it’s for when you crash your car and then you press it to undo the damage."
Don't try this at home folks.
Another TikToker has also shared some top tips for reducing your fuel consumption.
Abigayle runs the @shetalkscars page and has previously shared her top five tips for reducing the number of times you have to visit the petrol station:
- Declutter your car - "Anything that you don't need, get rid of it. More weight in the car, more fuel consumption."
- Pump your tyres up - "For every 10 percent your tyres are under inflated, you are using three percent more fuel."
- Don't fill up - "Fuel is really heavy; 70 litres of diesel weighs about 57 kilos. That's a lot of money."
- Brake gently - "No harsh braking. Every time you're actually wasting fuel. Obviously, still use your brake, please still use your brake!"
- Slow down - "A heavy foot means you are gonna be consuming fuel faster."
Featured Image Credit: @megansbubble/TikTok