Aussie Restaurant Co-Founder Reveals How To Make The Best Burger At Home
After spending weeks inside your home and pouring over every recipe there is under the sun, you're probably wondering whether there is any type of food left to conquer.
You've done banana bread, whipped up some sourdough bread and done nearly everything you can think of with seafood, chicken, beef and vegetables.
But if you're looking for something that will not only send your tastebuds on a journey as well as set them on fire then boy do we have a recipe for you.
Mary's is an iconic restaurant in Sydney and Melbourne and the co-founder, Jake Smyth, has been kind enough to show us how to make their legendary burger (with an added twist).
According to Jake, you'll need to grab the following from your supermarket:
- Soft bun
- High fat, grass fed beef smashed patty
- Green oak lettuce
- American cheese
- Diced white onion
- Pickles (Frank's special edition)
- Sliced tomato
- Mary's Sauce (or just regular mayonnaise)
- Frank's RedHot:registered: Sauce (Frank's special edition)
- Unsalted butter
- Clarified butter
- House smoked bacon
Now for the method to the madness. It's best to get the Frank's RedHot Butter Sauce done first so that you can use it on the cheese when you need to.
To create this tantalizing sauce, you have to do the following:
- Place pot on cook top
- Add unsalted butter and melt gently
- Add Frank's RedHot Sauce and stir vigorously
- Reduce until it's silky and thick
And now for the burger making.
- Toast the bun on cooktop with clarified butter
- Cook patty using press to smash it down, then flip. Place cheese on top while it's cooking and douse in Frank's RedHot Butter Sauce
- Cook bacon until crispy
- Place bacon on top of cooked patty and cheese and take off grill so it's medium rare
- Assemble lettuce, diced onion and tomato with pickles on board. Season with salt and pepper
- Squirt Mary's sauce or regular mayonnaise on bun on both sides, then place patty/cheese/bacon burger in. Add salad on top.
That's all you need to recreate the iconic Mary's Burger in your very own home with a cheeky, spicy addition.
Now, get to making.
Featured Image Credit: LADbible
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read