ladbible homepage
ladbible homepage
  • Home
  • News
    • UK
    • US
    • World
    • Ireland
    • Australia
    • Science
    • Crime
    • Weather
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • TV
    • Film
    • Music
    • Gaming
    • Netflix
    • Disney
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • Money
  • Originals
    • FFS PRODUCTIONS
    • Say Maaate to a Mate
    • Daily Ladness
    • UOKM8?
    • FreeToBe
    • Citizen Reef
  • Videos
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • SPORTbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
King Charles' staff told they now face redundancy
Home>News
Published 10:28 14 Sep 2022 GMT+1

King Charles' staff told they now face redundancy

Clarence House staff have been served notice as King Charles III moves his office to Buckingham Palace

Aisha Nozari

Aisha Nozari

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Clarence House staff have been served notice as King Charles moves his office to Buckingham Palace. 

The likes of private securities and members of both the monarch’s communications team and finance office were told their jobs were at risk at the same time that a thanksgiving service for the Queen was taking place in Edinburgh’s St Giles’ Cathedral.

Staff members learned they could be facing redundancy in a letter received on Monday (12 September) afternoon.

Clarence House staff have been served notice as King Charles moves his office to Buckingham Palace.
Doug Peters / Alamy Stock Photo

Advert

A source told The Guardian: “Everybody is absolutely livid, including private secretaries and the senior team.”

Noting that staff had been working hard to ensure a smooth accession for the King, they added: “All the staff have been working late every night since Thursday, to be met with this.”

The source also told the paper that staff were under the impression their roles would be amalgamated into Charles’ new Buckingham Palace HQ.

The letter came from Sir Clive Alderton, the King’s top aide, and was seen by The Guardian.

It read in part: “The change in role for our principals will also mean change for our household.

“The portfolio of work previously undertaken in this household supporting the former Prince of Wales’s personal interests, former activities and household operations will no longer be carried out, and the household […] at Clarence House will be closed down.”

The likes of private securities and members of both the monarch’s communications team and finance office at Clarence House were told their jobs were at risk.
BasPhoto / Alamy Stock Photo

The letter continued: “It is therefore expected that the need for the posts principally based at Clarence House, whose work supports these areas will no longer be needed.

“I appreciate that this is unsettling news and I wanted to let you know of the support that is available at this point."

LADbible has approached Clarence House for comment. 

A Clarence House spokesperson told The Guardian: “Following last week’s accession, the operations of the household of the former Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall have ceased and, as required by law, a consultation process has begun. 

“Our staff have given long and loyal service and, while some redundancies will be unavoidable, we are working urgently to identify alternative roles for the greatest number of staff.”

The paper also reports it’s currently unclear whether or not the new King and Queen Consort will move permanently from Clarence House to Buckingham Palace, but does note that Charles is said to not be particularly fond of the Palace.

Only certain areas of Buckingham Palace are currently habitable as the iconic landmark continues to undergo major renovation. 

Featured Image Credit: Doug Peters / Alamy Stock Photo/BBC

Topics: The Queen, Royal Family

Aisha Nozari
Aisha Nozari

Recommended reads

GTA 6 release date officially confirmed in latest update from Take-TwoRockstar‘Chia seed challenge' comes with serious warning as expert wants against ‘internal cleanse’Getty Stock ImageBoris Johnson's wife Carrie recalls moment she was drugged by 'black cab rapist' John WorboysITVMan jailed for Charlie Kirk Facebook meme wins $835,000 settlementWSMV 4

Advert

  • King Charles breaks major royal protocol to give Kate Middleton new power
  • Powerful gesture pulled by Donald Trump on King Charles explained by body language expert
  • King Charles issues plea to public in emotional tribute to Queen Elizabeth
  • King Charles makes health admission over cancer battle during US state visit

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • ITV
    an hour ago

    Boris Johnson's wife Carrie recalls moment she was drugged by 'black cab rapist' John Worboys

    Carrie Johnson said many women might not realise they had been drugged by John Worboys

    News
  • WSMV 4
    an hour ago

    Man jailed for Charlie Kirk Facebook meme wins $835,000 settlement

    Larry Bushart spent 37 days in jail for sharing memes about Charlie Kirk

    News
  • Getty Stock Images
    an hour ago

    Ozempic and Mounjaro users risk £1,000 fine if driving while taking GLP-1 medicines

    A pharmacist says drivers using GLP-1 drugs might need to declare certain side effects to the DVLA

    News
  • Netflix
    2 hours ago

    Secret language Mackenzie Shirilla used with mum during police interview in alarming footage

    Cops later worked out what the killer driver had been saying to her mother Natalie

    News