Advert

Latest

Dog Helps Owner Get To Bed After She Comes Home From Night Out
published atin 19 minutes
Advert
Advert

Most Popular

Advert
News

Teen Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By iPhone In The Bath

Teen Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By iPhone In The Bath

A schoolgirl and martial arts champion has tragically died after being electrocuted by her iPhone in the bath.

Irina Rybnikova, 15, was found dead in the water at her home in Bratsk, Russia, after taking a bath with her iPhone on charge.

In a stark warning to other young teens, local media reports that the girl had been texting her friends in the tub when the phone slipped because her fingers were wet.

Advert

The teen was then electrocuted and reportedly died from heart failure before her body was discovered by her devastated parents.

Credit: East2west News
Credit: East2west News

A close friend of Irina told local media: "She was an incredible person and my best friend. She wanted to be successful in every sport and we planned to move to another city to study.

"Everyone loved her, she was friendly, kind and very beautiful."

Advert
Credit: East2west News
Credit: East2west News

Irina was a fan of martial arts fighting, and was a champion fighter in pankration - an ancient Greek form of 'no rules' boxing and wrestling. During her short time on this earth, she'd been selected for her country's national team.

The friend added: "She was dreaming of becoming a world champion."

Credit: East2west News
Credit: East2west News

More Like ThisMore Like This

1 of 6
Woman Dies After Dropping Her Charging Phone In The Bath
News

Woman Dies After Dropping Her Charging Phone In The Bath

Advert

The Sun reports that her sister Tatiana, 25, told Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper her sister was a 'beautiful girl with many friends'.

She added: "In August she became the godmother to my little daughter. My child adored her and called her 'nanny'.

"And now she is not with us anymore. Our hearts are broken.

"It is so quiet and feels empty at home without her."

Advert
Credit: East2west News
Credit: East2west News

Everyone who knew and loved Irina is understandably devastated about the tragedy, including those at her sports federation, who issued a statement saying: "A tragic accident has taken the life of our champion, friend, mate and student Irina Rybnikova, 15.

"She was a candidate for Master of Sports in pankration, our beloved girl. Rest in peace."

The news comes well over a year since a man suffered the same fate, dying after being electrocuted while using and charging his iPhone in the bath.

Advert

And in February, another Russian schoolgirl named Kseniya P was also electrocuted in the bath when her charging phone fell into the water.

Now, understandably, Russian safety officials are warning everyone out there about the dangers of using mobile phone chargers in bathrooms - stay safe everyone.

Topics: DIED, iPhone, Russia

Daisy Phillipson

Daisy is a UK-based freelance journalist with too many opinions. She loves everything film and music-related and has a track record writing for Little White Lies, BWRC, and Film Daily. Contact her at [email protected]