• Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • LAD Originals

U OK M8?
Free To Be
Extinct
Citizen Reef

To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Not now
OK

Prince Charles and William travelling to Balmoral to visit Queen who is under medical supervision

Dominic Smithers

Published 
| Last updated 

Prince Charles and William travelling to Balmoral to visit Queen who is under medical supervision

Prince Charles and William are travelling to Balmoral to visit the Queen who is under medical supervision.

Buckingham Palace announced this afternoon that the 96-year-old monarch had been placed under medical supervision following concerns over her health.

In a statement, the Palace said the Queen was 'comfortable'.

It read: "Following further evaluation this morning, the Queen’s doctors are concerned for Her Majesty’s health and have recommended she remain under medical supervision. The Queen remains comfortable and at Balmoral."

The Queen’s close family including the Prince of Wales have been informed, with the latest announcement escalating fears for the monarch’s health.

The Queen is under medical supervision. Credit: Sueddeutsche Zeitung Photo/Alamy
The Queen is under medical supervision. Credit: Sueddeutsche Zeitung Photo/Alamy

Prime minister Liz Truss said: "The whole country will be deeply concerned by the news from Buckingham Palace this lunchtime.

"My thoughts – and the thoughts of people across our United Kingdom – are with Her Majesty The Queen and her family at this time."

Commons Speaker Sir Lindsay Hoyle told MPs: "I know I speak on behalf of the entire House when I say that we send our best wishes to Her Majesty the Queen and that she and the royal family are in our thoughts and prayers at this moment."

Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer said he was 'deeply worried' by the news from Buckingham Palace and that he was hoping for the Queen’s recovery.

He said in a tweet: "Along with the rest of the country, I am deeply worried by the news from Buckingham Palace this afternoon.

"My thoughts are with Her Majesty the Queen and her family at this time, and I join everyone across the United Kingdom in hoping for her recovery."

Following today's announcement, the royal family’s website appeared to crash, with an error message appeared on screen reading, 'Gateway time-out'.

Prince Charles has travelled to Balmoral to be with the Queen. Credit: Agencja Fotograficzna Caro/Alamy
Prince Charles has travelled to Balmoral to be with the Queen. Credit: Agencja Fotograficzna Caro/Alamy

There have been concerns over the Queen's health for some time, with her drawing back from duties over recent months.

She appeared with a walking stick when she greeted Boris Johnson and Liz Truss on Tuesday (6 September), to formally announce the change of leadership.

Following the meeting, it was revealed that the Queen also postponed a virtual meeting of the Privy Council.

A Buckingham Palace spokesperson said: “This means that the Privy Council meeting that had been due to take place this evening will be rearranged.”

"After a full day yesterday, Her Majesty has this afternoon accepted doctors’ advice to rest."

Featured Image Credit: Marc Macdonald/Alamy newsphoto/Alamy

Topics: UK News, Royal Family, The Queen

Dominic Smithers
More like this

Chosen for YouChosen for You

News

Martin Lewis warns university students as changes mean you could be paying double for your education

30 minutes ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Man who spent £19,000 to 'become a wolf' just wants to be free of human relationships

2 days ago